Aslings

  • patriciaasling
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010
      Hello,
      I will give this one another try. My greatgreat Uncle George Asling was born about 1862. In Feb.1882, when he was 20 and she was 16, he married Mary Ann Cragg, d/o Edward and Sarah Cragg. In Jan.1882 I find an illigitimate child born to Mary Ann Cragg. (There are other M.A.Craggs but this is the only one that fits the time frame.)After that I can't find anything more on Mary Ann. I assume she died at some point as George remarried Joanna Mark in 1887.

      In 1903 a Margaret May Asling, d/o George Asling and Mary Cragg married Roy Leighton Bradford, in Bear Lake, Manistee, Michigan. This must be my uncle George but I know he never left Ontario. They had at least 8 children according to censuses.

      Th puzzle is, how did Margaret May get to Michigan? I suspect she went with her grandparents Cragg. They are in Greenbank in 1871, moved north by 1881 and that is the last I find them. Could someone with Ancestry look for them in the 1891 and 1900 US censuses please? Also if anyone has better luck at finding the death of Mary Ann it would be much appreciated. Pat