Roberts

  • Traci Roberts
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28, 2010
      Kevin, I read your post about how we should check and recheck, and I can't agree more. That's why we use pencil!! When I find a "connection" I am unsure of, I add it to my tree but with a questionmark. That tells me to delve a litle deeper. I'ver had to erase several that way. I try not to go much further than that person until I have verified.

      Also, I am searching for roberts as well. Mine hail from Georgia.Where are yours?

      Traci in Texas

    • Pat Salisbury
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 28, 2010
        I am researching the surname Salisbury and Daniel from eastern Kentucky
        around Floyd County Kentucky to be exact. Anyone else working on this line?

        Thanks,
        Pat Salisbury
      • Kevin Whiting
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 28, 2010
          Hello Traci,

          My Roberts were in Boone County, Kentucky during the 1800s.

          Kevin

        • tenmans38@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29, 2010
            My Great Great Grandpa Thompson came (and I understand was born)from
            Kentucky (along with my Great Grandpa).They traveled into ILL where my Dad
            and his Brothers were born.My Grandpa was born across the border in
            Missouri
            along with at least some of his siblings. There is supposed to be a Daniel
            Boone
            Thompson (one of his brothers)that I am having troubling finding any info
            on. There
            is a 1900 Missouri Census that has a name of one of his sons that might be
            Daniel
            but I cannot make it out.The writing is just so badly done on some of these
            census.
            I am really stuck on finding a Great Great Grandpa George Thompson in
            Kentucky
            that would be mine.The Mormon pedigree says(and it could be wrong) that he
            died
            in Missouri.It mentions "centenary cem Ralls Missouri" as a death reference
            like it
            does on some of the family's members. Would there be something there with
            his
            death info on it?

            Maybe I should ask if there are any surname Thompson's here who came from
            Kentucky to ILL. I know that my Grandpa was born in Pike county Mo.

            Mike Thompson

            Posted by: "Pat Salisbury"
            I am researching the surname Salisbury and Daniel from eastern Kentucky
            around Floyd County Kentucky to be exact. Anyone else working on this line?

            Thanks,
            Pat Salisbury

          • Forrest Plumstead
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2010
              My wife is related to (2X G-g-daughter)

              Joseph Emory ROBERTS b Choctaw Co., MS., d Vance, Real Co., TX
              s/o Matthew B ROBERTS b 1809 TN d. abt 1851 Near Indianola on the way to
              Texas.
              s/o Nathanial ROBERTS abt 1774. Virginia

              Joseph fought in the Civil War with the Texas Cavalry CSA, the family has
              his original Discharge Certificate and I have copies of his/&widow's
              application for Civil War vet. retirement.

              Anybody interested in exchanging data?

              --
              Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
              Plumstead and Associated Families: