Anz in Switzerland...

  • vickivinyl@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2010
      Since my last post, I have discovered that my German Josef and Annie Metzzes (Metzger?)Anz family moved to Switzerland between 1860-70, and had decendants there there at least until the 1970s. Guess that's why I can't find them in Germany during that period. I'm having trouble making heads or tails of the Swiss familysearch records...more geographical divisions than I can find answers for. Rheinfelden, Switzerland is the area our records say. Sadly, I don't have birth years or church affiliation to work with. Their children were born in 1840s and 50's, so 1820s seem plausible as Joe and Annie's birth years. Lile, Germany is where we've been told that Josef was born.
      Can any of you gurus suggest a plan of attack? I feel like I'm surfing in circles.
      Cindy