Re:InfoHelp:Shaver(shaver town,NY)/Colorino(brooklyn,ny)

  • kay f
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2010
      On the findagrave.com website

      William H. Shaver Tec 4 US Army World War II
      May 14, 1909 to Mar 10, 2002
      There is a headstone on the page
      Buried in Sullivan County Veterans Cemetery
      Liberty, Sullivan County USA

      While I was on that site I checked various spelling for the Colorino last name to see if I could find anything and didn't find anything.

      Also checked Famiy Search.org (LDS) trying varous spellings and nothing

      I did find some listings of Italians coming over on ships through the Ellis Island website, there is actually a Luigi COLORINO age 40, from South Campobello Italy arriving 5/23/1907 on the Prinzess Irene. They departed from Naples.

      I also found another variation of the name Callarino through the Ellis Island dockings
      Francisco and Nicola from Genoia Itay. Franciso age 32 came in 1904 and Nicola age 38, in 1908 I didn't mark down the ships I am sorry.

      This may tie in somewhere, just throwing it out for you.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Pamela Curry <daddysgirl712000@...> wrote:

      > Sorry, William is listed on his memorial card as birth 5/14/1909 and death 3/10/2000 and Margeret( not sure of the correct spelling of first name) but last names proper spelling is Calarino. Im not sure of birth but she is alot younger then her husband and she's not dead but unfortunatly she has demensia and cant recall alot of things. =(

    • Pamela Curry
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2010
        Thank You. The correct spelling I found is Calarino and I know her father came here from Sicili, Italy ( not sure if thats the correct spelling, spellings not my best subject ). Thanks

        William H. Shaver Tec 4 US Army World War II
        May 14, 1909 to Mar 10, 2002
        There is a headstone on the page
        Buried in Sullivan County Veterans Cemetery
        Liberty, Sullivan County USA

        While I was on that site I checked various spelling for the Colorino last name to see if I could find anything and didn't find anything.

        Also checked Famiy Search.org (LDS) trying varous spellings and nothing

        I did find some listings of Italians coming over on ships through the Ellis Island website, there is actually a Luigi COLORINO age 40, from South Campobello Italy arriving 5/23/1907 on the Prinzess Irene. They departed from Naples.

        I also found another variation of the name Callarino through the Ellis Island dockings
        Francisco and Nicola from Genoia Itay. Franciso age 32 came in 1904 and Nicola age 38, in 1908 I didn't mark down the ships I am sorry.

        This may tie in somewhere, just throwing it out for you.

        --- In genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com, Pamela Curry <daddysgirl712000@ ...> wrote:

        > Sorry, William is listed on his memorial card as birth 5/14/1909 and death 3/10/2000 and Margeret( not sure of the correct spelling of first name) but last names proper spelling is Calarino. Im not sure of birth but she is alot younger then her husband and she's not dead but unfortunatly she has demensia and cant recall alot of things. =(

      • Bloodhound; Kermit
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2010
          Pamela -

          Amusing side-story -
          I'm currently helping with the ancestry of a friend
          whose grandfather & ggrandfather came here from Sicily
          (specifically from Termini-Imerese, just east of Palermo).

          Do you know what part of Sicily they came from?

          - Tom Knox

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2010
            That I dont know. I started to do research on my side about a year ago and the things i found was amazing.

            Italy sounds spectatular. I'm glad we got this far for her.