Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Family

  • george burnash
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
      On 4/1/2010 1:33 PM, Rachel wrote:

      > George - Which program are you using as you mentioned several?

      I'm using Rootsmagic 4, which I absolutely love. This was after trying
      several of the free versions and trials out there. I like the program
      so much that I upgraded to the fully paid version, and I haven't been
      sorry in the least. It's an absolutely wonderful program.

      I do also have a copy of Legacy on my computer as my cousin who also
      does some work on the tree uses an older copy of that. When he updates
      his file he will sometimes send me a copy of it, and I'll use that and
      compare it to what I've got so far.

      I know a lot of people like FTM for it's interaction with Ancestry, but
      I just find I can do so much more, get more information, and it's so
      much easier finding problems and correcting them. It was shocking to me
      the first time I did an error and problem search on Rootsmagic, and how
      many more issues it turned up than the others- ones that Ancestry never
      found at all, and many that even FTM overlooked. That was all I needed
      to convince me. :)

      George

      --
      With God, life is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.