Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re:Translation from French to English? (cross posting)

  • george burnash
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
      Thanks for the idea. I mentioned to my cousin what I was doing and he
      sent along a second document to go along with it! Ack! So I've
      uploaded both of them to the files section of the group. One is a 24
      page document, the other is a 42 page one. There are pictures and other
      illustrations in them. You can find them at:

      And look for the 2 pdf files title "genealogie bernatchez"

      Thanks so much for anyone willing to help. Hopefully some others will
      also get some good info from them.

      George

      On 4/1/2010 10:37 AM, hiflyte wrote:

      > Why not upload the document to the Group/Files folder and see what may
      > come of it.
      >
      > Bob
      > Cdn
      > --
      >
      > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hiflyte/*
      > <http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hiflyte/*>
      > Interested in Ireland Genealogy, visit the IGP Archives.*
      > IGP Archives Website <http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/
      > <http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/>>

      ------------------------------------
      With God, life is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    • hiflyte
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2010
        Google translation will convert the file to English with some mistakes
        but the jest of the article can be interpreted . I am having trouble
        saving the translation but when one hi-lights a portion then cut and
        paste it to Word/or such it appears to work. Now this saving bit has
        got my attention and I will have to see if there is some method of
        beating the Goolge restrictions of saving the whole doc. or maybe it is
        just the method used in approaching the task.

        Go to Google:
        http://translate.google.ca/?hl=en&oe=UTF-8&ned=ca&tab=nT#
        Use the "upload a document" in blue to load the doc
        It works fine for me other than the saving bit.
        You have to be signed into Google I believe (my acct is on auto sign-in)

        Bob
        Cdn.