Re:Translation from French to English? (cross posting)

  • hiflyte
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 7:37 AM
      Why not upload the document to the Group/Files folder and see what may
      come of it.

      Bob
      Cdn
      --

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hiflyte/*
      Interested in Ireland Genealogy, visit the IGP Archives.*

    • george burnash
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 9:14 PM
        Thanks for the idea. I mentioned to my cousin what I was doing and he
        sent along a second document to go along with it! Ack! So I've
        uploaded both of them to the files section of the group. One is a 24
        page document, the other is a 42 page one. There are pictures and other
        illustrations in them. You can find them at:

        And look for the 2 pdf files title "genealogie bernatchez"

        Thanks so much for anyone willing to help. Hopefully some others will
        also get some good info from them.

        George

        On 4/1/2010 10:37 AM, hiflyte wrote:

        > Why not upload the document to the Group/Files folder and see what may
        > come of it.
        >
        > Bob
        > Cdn
        > --
        >
        > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hiflyte/*
        > <http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hiflyte/*>
        > Interested in Ireland Genealogy, visit the IGP Archives.*
        > IGP Archives Website <http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/
        > <http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/>>

        ------------------------------------
        With God, life is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
      • hiflyte
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 8:02 AM
          Google translation will convert the file to English with some mistakes
          but the jest of the article can be interpreted . I am having trouble
          saving the translation but when one hi-lights a portion then cut and
          paste it to Word/or such it appears to work. Now this saving bit has
          got my attention and I will have to see if there is some method of
          beating the Goolge restrictions of saving the whole doc. or maybe it is
          just the method used in approaching the task.

          Go to Google:
          http://translate.google.ca/?hl=en&oe=UTF-8&ned=ca&tab=nT#
          Use the "upload a document" in blue to load the doc
          It works fine for me other than the saving bit.
          You have to be signed into Google I believe (my acct is on auto sign-in)

          Bob
          Cdn.