My Brick wall Burns/Graham

  • greatoutdoorgirl
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2010
      I have a brick wall I have been unable to break for many years now.
      I am trying to find Nicholas Burns and his first wife Mary Graham.
      I have found thier marriage but, have been unable to locate them on the 1850 census. They were married in 1827 in Marion,Clinton,Ohio.
      There marriage record does not list thier ages or any information expect the date of marriage.
      There are two Nicholas Burns listed in the Census in 1840 Census I am not sure if they are Father and son or not. I think they are but, still
      need additional information. I know they had my 2nd Great Grand father David W. Burns and other children by prior census records. I have found what I believe to be them in the 1860 census in Washington,Gibson, Indiana. But with out finding them in the 1850 census I can't be sure.

      Any help or idea's would be appreciated. I have been unable to find David W. in any census so far. I have found some that might be him but, can't proof it.

      Nicholas Burns died I believe after 1870 and Mary before 1870. David died in 1887. His wife was Mary A. Robb. I have been able to trace her and the children to Evansville, Vanderburgh,Indiana to Present.
      Indiana does not have a death record for any one except for David's wife Mary A. (Robb) Burns. Ohio does not have a death record for anyone that I have been able to find.

      Once again any help would be appreciated.
    • sherry oakes
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2010
        Have you tried spelling the last name different ways,maybe Barns.My tree is Laster you would not believe the different ways they spell it.1860 census it was Foster,1870 Luster.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 5:50 AM
          I have tried many different spelling I believe I have looked at about 14 different spellings that I have found for burns and its variations. Still no luck locating them.

          (burns, burnes, burness, byrns, byrnes, berns, burn, bern, barn, barns,barnes, byrnes, byrness, byrn) all variations that I have found and searched.