For r.c.boss on the Flury Family

  • trachforwiggles
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28 7:28 AM
      Bob, apparently your email address does not work so I am forwarding the information from Ken Ferguson from here. Hope this helps.

      Pam

      Message is as follows:

      Hi Pamela,
      I got a reply from Bob Boss and he gave his e-mail address as r.c.boss@.... I replied and keep getting a mail delivery failure with the note this person is no longer a member. Here is a copy of my original reply, perhaps you could forward.

      Hi Bob,
      I think I can be of some help with your quest. The individuals listed on your immigration document of 1856 seem to match birth years with three of my records, that is Hans Flury 1837, Georg Flury 1843 and Margarethe Flury 1834.
      The parents were Hans Fluri b 1812 in Saas, Switzerland and died 1857 location unknown and Christine (Hatz) Fluri born in Semeus, Switzerland.
      Their children were:
      Jacob Flury b 1831 in Saas, Switzerland died 1905 in Saas, Switzerland
      Margarethe Fury b 1834 is Saas, Switzerland died in USA
      Hans Flury B 1837 in Saas, Switzerland died 1924 in USA
      Florian Fluri B 1840 in Saas, Switzerland died in Wisconsin USA
      Georg Flury B 1843-06-16 in Saas, SW died 1938-08-17 in Midale, Sask. Canada

      My ex-wifes ancestors came from Georg Flury 1943-1938

      I have a 9 page descendants outline that might fill in some gaps if you would care to send me your mailing address.

      I also have several ancestors of Hans Fluri and their outlines as well going back to the late 1500's

      Ken Ferguson, Regina, SK
      (This is my second attempt at sending this msg. The original was rejected as being an inactive account. If this one fails I'll send it to my original contact)
    • r_c_boss
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28 2:25 PM
        Ken,

        Thank you very much.

        My email is r_c_boss@... (note those are underscores not periods)

        It seems very interesting on your Jacob Flury. The one I am interested in has birth and death fairly well match. The Jacob I am interested in listeds 'Prussia' as his birthplace on the federal 1870 and 1880 census for Penn Township Cass Coumty, Michigan, then on the 1900 federal census for Buffalo County Nebraska he lists Switzerland. Hw died and is buried in Kearny, Buffalo County, Nebraska on March 19, 1905. You are showing that your Jacob died in 1905 in Switzerland. Is it possible that if they are not the same person (I dont see how it ios possible since they died in differentr places) then they might have been related. I have no information on any family or relatives of Jacob prior to his marriage to Catherine Reese.

        Bob

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 28 4:10 PM
          Bob,

          I passed this on to Ken via ancestry.com message. Now you two should be able to communicate. Happy ancestry hunting.

          Pam