Luedee? Sexton?

  • Lynn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2010
      Hello All,
      Long time lurker. My gmother was Mary M Luedee(nee).
      d.o.b May 7, 1907 Codroy area. Last year I was told that
      she (and a sister) had actually been born Sexton and
      were adopted by the Luedee's after their parents died.
      I found my g.m.'s name on the 1921 census as a member
      of the Luedee h.hold (w/ Luedee as her name). She used
      Luedee when she entered the U.S. also on S.S. app.,
      marriage license, etc... My question is, how would I go about
      learning the truth?? Would I be issued a birth certificate
      regardless?? Does anyone have any thoughts re: what
      may have happened to B. parents (if source is correct)?,
      I must say, I am intrigued by this. I would like to know
      one way or the other. Thanks for any thoughts or help
      you might give me. Lynn