Re: Elizabeth Jane Swift Steadman

  • Joy Weaver
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2010
      I tried to find any hint of Elizabeth's father's name in 1830 and 1840 census and nothing close came up for St. Louis.

      I do have a suggestion for you. Because the parents are noted in the obit as having been Mormons and her father even an Elder, it seems to me that a good place for you to learn more might be by contacting the LDS directly. They have always kept very good membership records and may be able to find a record of Elizabeth's birth.

      Joy Weaver
      Islip, NY