Re: more H(enry) Weston EYRE

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 16 1:00 AM
      Census records for H Weston EYRE -

      1900 Chester Ward 4, Delaware, PA - 315 East 11th(?) Street
      Eyre, Frank N, head 34 born Apr 1866 PA:DE:DE Motorman
      (), Effie, wife 34 born Apr 1866 PA:PA:PA
      - married 16 yrs, 7 children 5 living
      (), Ella T/15/Apr1885, Emma C/12/Sept1887, Elwood T/8/Oct1891,
      (), Robert N?/5/Sept1895, Weston H/2/Oct1897

      1910 Chester Ward 2, Delaware, PA - 1116 Madison Street
      Eyre, Frank, head 45 born PA:PA:DE Motorman, Trolley Car
      (), Effie, wife 45 born PA:PA:NY
      - married.1 26 yrs; 7 children 5 living
      (), Ellwood/18, Robert H/16, Henry W/13

      1920 Chester Ward 10, Delaware, PA - 324 Townsend Street
      Eyre, H Weston/23:PA:PA:PA/head, Alma/22:PA:PA:MO/wife
      (), Weston/2+9m/son, George W/1+4m/son

      1930 Marcus Hook, Delaware, PA - 26 Cedar Street
      Lord, Mildred/30, Mildred E/8, Charles G/7
      Dix, Anna N/53:MO:US:MD/mother
      Eyre, Weston/33/brother-in-law, Alma M/32/sister, married 14 yrs,
      (), George W/11, Margaret A/8, Marshall P/5

      16 Family Trees at RootsWeb WorldConnect (most are dup's)
      (http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=Search&includedb=&lang=en&ti=&surname=EYRE&stype=Exact&given=WESTON&bplace=&byear=&brange=2&dplace=&dyear=&drange=0&mplace=&myear=&mrange=0&father=&mother=&spouse=&skipdb=&period=All&submit.x=Search)
      especially tree http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=maris&id=I35000
      wives 1) Alma Dix, 2) Virginia Claudia Carr, 3) Bernice Mary McKay

      Found at http://www.NewspaperArchive.com/
      Chester Times - October 24, 1932, Chester, Pennsylvania - page 11
      (obit of Frank Eyre)
      ... 67 years old ... survive are his widow, two daughters, Mrs. Maurice Whitlock, of Prospect Park, and Mrs. Raymond Grant, of Coatesville, and three sons, T. Elwood, Robert H. and H. Weston Eyre, all of Chester. ...

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Judy Ardine <downeast@...> wrote:

      > Wow! Thank you ever so very much, Tom!!! What a goldmine you have provided for me!
      >
      > When you and if you have the additional time I sure would appreciate those 12 other citations from the Benton Harbor (MI) News-Palladium (1960-1974)
      >
      > I'm sure each of the citations you've provided so far are for my father.
      > The "West" EYRE instead of "Wes" EYRE is understandable since his name was "H Weston" EYRE.
      >
      > I've also since learned from another friend of the family that he spent a few years in Gladstone or Escanaba, Michigan between the time in Traverse City and Dowagiac/Cassopolis. Michigan. The Michigan information shouldn't be too hard for me to follow up on. Texas, Ohio and Pennsylvania not so much except for the fact that Chester & Delaware cnty, PA is pretty richly covered on the web.
      >
      > I did find him in the 1930 Census w/his first wife & children living w/his sister-in-law in Marcus Hook, PA.

    • Judy Ardine
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 16 4:03 AM
        Tom, thank you so much for all that searching for me. I so very much
        appreciate it!!!

        Judy
      • Judy Ardine
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 17 4:24 AM
          Thank you so much yet again, Tom!!!

          Interesting that his father is listed as a motorman in the 1900 census
          whereas his death certificate lists him as a fireman.

          I so appreciate all the searching you went thru to find these!!

          Judy
        • Bloodhound; Kermit
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 17 11:33 PM
            Judy -

            You're welcome! Doin' a happy dance for you.

            - Tom Knox