I have hit a brick wall.can someone help me..

  • pamela794
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 12, 2010
      I am trying to find my hubbys father family.I dont know much about him but just he has been married several times and has alot of kids,dont know anything about them.Only the ones that he had with my hubbys mother and one step brother.

      Hes name is Roy Furlong he lived in alot of places,but he was living in Scottsboro al. when he died He was 71 when he died and that was 2 years ago.He was born in 1933 i dont know the month or day or where he was born.
      He married my hubby mother Dotsie Ray Rich Furlong and had 3 children
      Ray ellis Furlong,Paula May Furlong Clark,Clyde V.Furlong
      and then he married another women they had one son name Bruce Furlong
      And we had heard he was married several more times and had several kids by all of them,we also heard they was 2 girls that live for awhile in Macedonia al. but move back up north.
      He also had some sisters and brothers which i know one her name is
      Lawonda Pruitt she lives in illinois but that is all i know and would love to know more about his family.I have tried to get moer info but his sister is real sick and cant respond back to me,so if anyone can help me it would be appreciated.Oh also he died March 2008.
      Thanks,Pam f.
    • barbara erickson
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 12, 2010
        Hi Pam, I looked on Ancestry.com
        So Sec Death Index - Roy E Furlong, Born 27 April 1935. Died 6 Aug 2006, Scottsboro, Jefferson Co., Al.
        I found 1 marriage to - Tania Marie Cole, 9 Dec 2001 Clack Co., Nev.

        Do you have any other dates? Did he marry all in one state? I didn't find anything with Dostie Ray Rich. Did she go by any other name?
        The more information I have it is easier to look for people. Have you tried any of the free web sites?
        Send anything else you have and I will look. Barb

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 12, 2010
          i dont know if this is the same man,he did have several wifes and only knew my mother n law.i look every where even ancestry but they wanted alot of money to look up the name and that dont mean they would find any info on here.I think Dotsie would have been his second wife ,his first wife i dont know her name but she had a boy named Bruce furlong,then Dotsie she could go by dot she had 4 kids Ray,Paula,Benjie i fought about him then Clyde.We know he had several more wifes all over mostly i think in illinois or up north but dont know their names or how many plus they had kids we heard but dont know nothing about them.I have tried some but when you go and try to get the info they want alot of money.if you have any free web sites i could lookat i would appreciate if you could give them to me.I have been looking for several years and cant come up with nothing my husband is really want to find out if he has more siblings and what their names are.thanks,pam f..

          ________________________________

          ____________ _________ _________ __

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 12, 2010
            Pam,

            I have an ancestry.com account, but the only thing I could find was his social security death record. The fact

            that he was born after 1930 means he doesn't appear on any census reports that are published yet.

            The Government only releases them 72 years after they were taken.

            The 1940 census comes out in 2012. The 1950 not until 2022!! I would suggest going to the GENWEB sites

            for the states he lived in and try there to begin with. For example google AlabamaGenweb and try that.

            Those are free. Also Rootsweb.com might have something on him.

            Good Luck in your hunt

            Cindy

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 13, 2010
              In addition to the Social Security Death Record others mentioned, I find
              some public records for where he lived. They include:

              U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2
              Directories & Member Lists
              Name: Roy E Furlong
              Birth: 27 Apr 1935
              Residence: Sauk Village, IL

              U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2
              Directories & Member Lists
              Name: Roy E Furlong
              Birth: 27 Apr 1935
              Residence: Taylorville, IL

              U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2
              Directories & Member Lists
              PreviewName: Roy Furlong
              Address: Fairpark CT L
              City: Scottsboro
              State: AL
              Zip Code: 35768

              See more

              Name: Roy Furlong
              Residence: Scottsboro, AL

              U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
              Directories & Member Lists
              Name: Roy E Furlong
              Birth: 27 Apr 1935
              Residence: 1993 - Gary, IN

              U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
              Directories & Member Lists
              Name: Roy E Furlong
              Birth: 27 Apr 1935
              Residence: 1992 - Fort Smith, AR

              There is a Wanda Furlong (perhaps Lawonda?) with the following information:

              Name: Wanda L Furlong
              Home in 1930: Carrier Mills, Saline, Illinois
              View Map
              Age: 2
              Estimated birth year: abt 1928
              Relation to Head of House: Daughter
              Father's Name: Louie
              Mother's Name: Gladys
              Race: White

              Household Members: Name Age
              Louie Furlong 27
              Gladys Furlong 21
              Wanda L Furlong 2
              Joan Furlong 4/12

              If this is her, this gives parent names. If this is right, it opens up a
              whole bunch of records.

              If you can verify any of this, we can go from there.

              Oh, I also found this:
              Nevada Marriage Index, 1956-2005
              about Roy Edward Furlong
              Name: Roy Edward Furlong
              Gender: Male
              Spouse: Tania Marie Cole
              Marriage Date: 9 Dec 2001
              Marriage County: Clark
              Officiant type: Religious celebrant
              Recorded Date: 10 Dec 2001
              Recorded county: Clark
              Book: 1210
              Page: D383246
              Instrument number: 72061

              Maybe him. Maybe not.
            • Bloodhound; Kermit
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 13, 2010
                Pam -

                > Roy Furlong ... Oh also he died March 2008.
                >
                > Social Security Death Index (SSDI)
                > Name: Roy E. Furlong
                > SSN: 409-54-5184 issued: Tennessee (1951-1952)
                > Last Residence: 35768 Scottsboro, Jackson, Alabama
                > Born: 27 Apr 1935 - Died: 6 Aug 2006

                Oh dear! Does that mean that the SSDI entry
                is _not_ your Roy Furlong?

                Ancestry.com - U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
                (not sure if this is the correct or same Roy)
                Name: Roy E Furlong
                Birth Date: 27 Apr 1935
                Address: 2100 Towson Ave, Fort Smith, AR, 72901-5905 (no date)
                [1601 S P St, Fort Smith, AR, 72901-5541 (1992)]
                [7211 Ash Ave, Gary, IN, 46403-2112 (1993)]
                ==========
                Name: Dotsie Furlong
                Address: 392 Crd 195, Scottsboro, AL, 35768 (1994)
                [Rr 2 Pob 121, Section, AL, 35771]
                [Rr 1 Pob 245l, Scottsboro, AL, 35768 (1992)]
                [Rr 4 Pob 513a, Scottsboro, AL, 35768]
                ==========
                Name: Clyde V Furlong
                Birth Date: 21 Jun 1968
                Phone Number: 574-3054
                Address: 80 Bret Dr, Scottsboro, AL, 35768-7242 (1996)
                ==========
                Name: Bruce Furlong
                Birth Date: 2 May 1960
                Phone Number: 259-6673
                Address: 14481 Us Highway 72, Scottsboro, AL, 35768-7946 (1996)
                ==========
                Name: Daniel Bruce Furlong
                Birth Date: 2 May 1960
                Address: Po Box 814, Scottsboro, AL, 35768-0814 (1996)
                ==========
                Name: Ray E Furlong
                Phone Number: 259-2187
                Address: Rr 4 Pob 513a, Scottsboro, AL, 35768 (1988)
                [Rr 4 Box 515, Scottsboro, AL, 35768 (1987)]

                Ancestry.com - U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2
                Name: Roy Furlong
                Address: Fairpark CT L
                City: Scottsboro, AL 35768
                ==========
                Name: Dotsie Furlong
                Address: Rr 2 Camp Sumiton Rd
                City: Scottsboro, AL 35768
                ==========
                Name: Bruce Furlong
                Address: 1658 County Rd
                City: Henagar, AL 35978
                ==========
                Name: Ray E Furlong
                Address: Rr 1 Brookdale Dr W
                City: Scottsboro, AL 35768
                ==========
                Name: Ray E Furlong
                Address: 392 County Rd Bayou Oaksn
                City: Scottsboro, AL 35768

                Ancestry.com - U.S. Phone and Address Directories, 1993-2002
                Name: Roy E Furlong
                Address: 1101 E Willow St
                City: Scottsboro, Alabama 35768-2210
                Phone Number: 256-574-1066
                Residence Years: 1998 1999
                ==========
                Name: Clyde Furlong
                Address: 80 Brett Dr
                City: Scottsboro, Alabama 35768-7242
                Phone Number: 205-574-3054 (area code change 1998)
                Residence Years: 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998
                ==========
                Name: Clyde V Furlong
                Address: 175 Francisco Rd
                City: Huntsville, Alabama 35811-9359
                Phone Number: 256-852-2454
                Residence Years: 2001 2002
                ==========
                Name: Bruce Furlong
                Address: 1658 County Road 138
                City: Henagar, Alabama 35978-4812
                Phone Number: 256-657-6775
                Residence Years: 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002
                Name: Ray Furlong
                Address: 392 County Road 195
                City: Scottsboro, Alabama 35768-5740
                Phone Number: 256-587-3377
                Residence Years: 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002

                - Tom Knox