Re: [Genealogy Research Club] need help with lookups

  • Pamela Gray
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 9, 2010
      Based on the 1930 Census, he arrived in 1880 or 1890 Can't read it very well.  Victoria arrived in 1900.

      Using the spelling of the last name, neither one arrived through Ellis Island.  You might try different spellings.  That's what I had to do on my Polish ancestors.

      http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passSearch.asp

      The Census takers did not always spell the names correctly. It took me three years to find my great grandparents whom emmegrated from Poland.  Actually, the Austrian Partition of Galicia, what is now Poland.

      Here is the website for the LDS Search.  You can try there too.

      http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#start

      I found many variations in the spelling of the name.  Also, their first names may have been changed or they changed them to be more Americanized.  That was the case with  my ancestors.  It was difficult to find actual names.  Just keep trying.

      Sorry I'm not much help, but hope some of this works.

      Pam
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 9, 2010
        Hi, I found Stanley, Age 75 living with his daughter and family, Anna M Age 32. If this is him I can email you the census. Will keep looking for the others. Barb

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 9, 2010
          I just found Starley ( Stanley ) Zaezycki. He was with Victoria in Detroit, Mich. I can send this if you want also. The image is not very clear so the spelling can be off. Barb

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 10, 2010
            in 1910 and 1920, I would expect him to be in Lackawanna County
            in 1917/8 for the Draft Registration - -
            and here he is - - -

            Name: Steve Zakoski
            Address: 167 Casper Taylor, Pa
            County: Lackawanna, Pennsylvania
            Birthplace: Malby, (county?), Pennsylvania
            Birth Date: 24 Mar 1895
            Race: Caucasian (White)
            FHL Roll Number: 1893477
            Occupation: Laborer, Coal Co, Old Forge
            Married, Wife & Child
            Registration: Old Forge, PA, June 5, 1917

            - Tom Knox

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dhartomine" <dhartomine@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone!! Can anyone do a couple of lookups for me?
            >
            > The first is 1930 Census record for a Stanley Zukoski. His spouse was Victori Kmeic. His dob approx. 1872 I believe in Poland. He resided in 1930 was Lackawanna county pennsylvania but unsure of city. These are my grt. grt. grandparents and I really don't have much info from relatives who are still alive. I also need advice on how to look up when the immigrated to this country.
            >
            > Second, I was looking for military records for a Steve Zukoski for ww1.
            >
            > I have really hit a dead end for Stanley and Victori I have been trying to find the dates and places of death but come up with nothing!\
            >
            > Any help any one can offer me would be greatly appreciated!

          • Dawne Hartman
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 10, 2010
              I want to thank all of you that have helped me.  The biggest problem I have know is that
              I am addicted!!! LOL  The more information I find the more I want to find!!!  Again, Thank you!!!