John Johnson or Johnston

  • Debra
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2010
      I am trying to find something on my gg grangpa John Johnson. He was born in Ky. around 1856.. I think his dads name was Elliott but not sure...John married Polly Barger ,daughter of Jesse Barger and Elizabeth "Betty" Johnson. She was born 07 FEB 1853 in Saul, Perry County, Kentucky, and died 10 APR 1923 in Saul, Perry County, Kentucky. They had one daughter Ara Johnston, b. 1877 in KY, d/o John Johnston and Polly Barger. John died young, Polly remarried Bill COUCH, and had several more children: Jesse, Joe, Dee, Liz Ann, Max and Hulda. Ara went by the name of Couch as all the other kids were named that. Thanks for any help..