Brick Walls

  • r_c_boss
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2010
      I have several brick walls but the one that is bugging me right now is this one. Squire Hill Knapp married Mariah (names has appeared as Mariah and Maria) Vanzile December 31, 1829 in Ripley County Indiana. I think I have Squire Knapp down but hanging on the Vanzile family. In the census form's I have, Marish is shown as born in New York with her father from Holland and her mother from New Jersey. The only problem with the census's are that prior to 1850 all they showed was the head of house and then the number of each sex by age, no names. I see that the Knapp name and Vanzile name is spred throughout Indiana especialy Ripley, Dearborn and Franklin Counties. There are very many names, which is normal. From what I have gathered so far there was a Peter and a William (Wilhelm) Vanzile in the Deerborn, Ripley area about the right time. Either they were brothers or maybe cousins, uncles of Mariah. Any help or information will be greatfully appreciated.

      Bob