Angeline Ables -- dead end

  • Lisa Hill
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2010
      I'm trying to find out more about Angeline Ables -- where she was born, who her parents were, etc. I've come up empty in all of my searches. Here is what I do know:

      BIRTH: 28 Oct 1811

      DEATH: 09 Feb 1857 in Rusk Co., Texas

      MARRIED: Andrew Berry Henson (b. 04 Sep 1807, d. 03 Aug 1874)

      Andrew's parents were William Henson and Drucilla Motley.

      Thanks!

      Lisa in Richmond, TX

    • Kate
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2010
        Hi Lisa-

        according to the 1850 census, both Angeline and "Berry" were born in South Carolina. They were in Georgia in 1850.

        1850 United States Federal Census

        Name:
        Angeline E Henson

        Age:
        39

        Estimated birth year:
        abt 1811

        Birth Place:
        South Carolina

        Gender:
        Female

        Home in 1850 (City,County,State):
        Division 12, Cass, Georgia

        Family Number:
        1373

        Household Members:

        Name
        Age

        Berry Henson
        43

        Angeline E Henson
        39

        Elisabeth Henson
        22

        Virgil Henson
        19

        Nancy Henson
        18

        Andrew Henson
        14

        James Henson
        12

        William Henson
        9

        Samuel Henson
        8

        Ada Henson
        7

        John Henson
        5

        Martha Henson
        3

        Wyby Caldwell
        2

        Source Citation: Year: 1850; Census Place: Division 12, Cass, Georgia; Roll  M432_63; Page: 196B; Image: 398.

        Kate