pincelli family

  • longhairthecurly
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2010
      i am trying to find a friend's family in ohio
      and not having any luck...
      what i know is
      orlantine dwight PINCELLI
      m. dorothy lucille coe

      son of

      gabriele pincelli or prigelli
      born may 3 1894
      died 1965
      m. ida alpha tedrick
      m. cleola lovel clary
      m. melvina skinner

      he was possibly son of raphael
      but i don't know for sure and i can't find any more info on the pincelli family. can anyone help me with this brick wall?
    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2010
        Sometimes, you have to "play with the vowels" with Italian names -

        1930 Chauncey, Athens, Ohio
        Pincilli, Gabe, head 37 married at age 20 born Italy Trucking
        -- immigration 1912 Naturalized; Veteran:No
        (), Cleola, wife 26 married at age 16 born OH:OH:OH
        (), Orlentine/16, Dow/13, Louella/9, Junior/7, June/7,
        (), Charollet/4, Arnalee/1+3m

        (these are quick cut-n-paste transcripts)
        1920 Dover, Athens, Ohio (in household of Alva Kamb/33)
        Pincella, Gabrial/26:Italy/boarder/immigrat:1910
        1920 Dover, Athens, Ohio (in household of John Rivers/50)
        Pincella, Orlan D/5:OH/boarder
        1920 Dover, Athens, Ohio (in household of George R Tedyick/58)
        Pincelli, Daw/2+9m/grandson

        Name: Gabriel Pincilli
        Address: Chauncey, Athens, Ohio
        Birthplace: Montfino, Italy
        Birth Date: 3 May 1894
        Married, wife, two children
        Registration: 5 June 1917

        U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
        Name: Gabriel F Pincelli
        Birth Date: 3 May 1895
        Birth Place: Montefeno, Italy
        Residence: Lee Twp, Athens, Ohio
        Mailing Address: Albany, Ohio, Box 67
        Roll: WWII_1148872
        Contact Relative: Cleola Pincelli, Albany, Ohio

        And here's a possible match for emigration --
        New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
        Name: Gabriele Pingelli
        Arrival Date: 31 Dec 1909
        Age: 16 -- Estimated birth year: abt 1893 -- Gender: Male
        Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
        Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
        Ship Name: S.S. Cedric
        Port of Arrival: New York, New York
        Birth Location: Italy
        Page Number: 152 -- Line: 16
        Microfilm Serial: T715 -- Microfilm Roll: T715_1395
        NOTE: I found this at Ancestry.com - it might also be at http://www.ellisisland.org

        SSDI (Social Security Death Index)
        Name: O. D. Pincelli
        SSN: 289-03-2081 issued: Ohio (Before 1951)
        Last Residence: 45710 Albany, Athens, Ohio
        Born: 18 Apr 1914 -- Died: 5 Mar 1996
        =====
        Name: Gabriele Pincelli
        SSN: 284-30-5861 issued: Ohio (1951-1952)
        Last Residence: Ohio
        Born: 3 May 1894 -- Died: Sep 1965
        =====
        Name: Dorothy L. Pincelli
        SSN: 274-24-8560 issued: Ohio (Before 1951)
        Last Residence: 45710 Albany, Athens, Ohio
        Born: 1 Jul 1916 -- Died: 19 Mar 1993

        Ohio Deaths, 1908-2002
        Name: Orlentine D Pincelli
        Birth Date: 18 Apr 1914
        Birth County: Athens, Ohio, United States
        Gender: Male -- Race: White
        Death Date: 5 Mar 1996 -- Death Time: 7:45 PM
        Hospital of Death: Long-Term Care Facilities
        County of Death: Athens
        Certificate: 015968
        Age at Death: 81
        Hospital Status: Other/Nursing Home
        Social Security Number: 289-03-2081
        Father's Surname: Pincelli
        Mother's Maiden Name: Tedrick
        Marital Status: Widowed
        Education: 14
        Armed Forces Indicator: Yes -- Branch of Service: Navy
        Industry of Decedent: Construction
        Occupation of Decedent: Mechanical
        Primary Registration District: 0500
        =====
        entry for Gabriel F Pincelli, b. 1894, d. 15 Sep 1965
        and other PINCELLI

        Ohio Obituary Index, 1830s-2009
        Name: Dorothy Pincelli -- Death Date: 19 Mar 1993
        Newspaper: Gallipolis Sunday Times Sentinel, Gallipolis, Ohio
        Newspaper Date: 21 Mar 1993 -- Newspaper Page: p. 7, col. 2

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "longhairthecurly" <longhairthecurly@...> wrote:

        > i am trying to find a friend's family in ohio
        > and not having any luck...
        > what i know is
        > orlantine dwight PINCELLI
        > m. dorothy lucille coe
        >
        > son of
        > gabriele pincelli or prigelli
        > born may 3 1894
        > died 1965
        > m. ida alpha tedrick
        > m. cleola lovel clary
        > m. melvina skinner
        >
        > he was possibly son of raphael
        > but i don't know for sure and i can't find any more info on the pincelli family. can anyone help me with this brick wall?

      • Sarah Cook
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2010
          sure do appreciate the info.
          but i still havent found his parents. his dad might have been raphael, but i dont know.
          my friend did say that it may have changed from prigelli, but i don't know when.
          thanks

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2010
            I don't recall the exact procedure, but you can order a copy of Gabe's original application for his Social Security number. It asks questions like "name of father" and "name of mother" and "where were you born".

            Do you have his marriage certificate(s)? Some states/municipalities give space for "parents of groom" - but that is not universal. What about his death certificate - same comment applies. Did his obituary mention parents?

            And what about his immigration or naturalization papers? Same comment applies.

            In the Passenger List that I referenced, he was travelling "alone" - no others of the same surname onboard.

            Q: Do you know what part of Italy he came from?
            northern? southern? Sicily?

            BTW - for most queries, I have been using PIN*LL* or PEN*LL*
            to capture missspellings and variants - that's how I "caught" the immigration of Gabriele PINGELLI.

            - Tom Knox

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 6, 2010
              i haven't had the opportunity to do that much research on him yet. i don't know if they have marriage records or not, i'll have to ask. my friend went by pincilli, her dad o.d. went by pincelli and gabe went by pincelli or prigelli as far as i know. i've just been looking up a little in my spare time while i still have internet, i'll not have it long. but i thank you for your help. hopefully something good will come out of it!