Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: researching surnames

  • David Murch
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2010
      Hi Scott, good to hear from you.
          I have an Ephraim Murch who was born in Gorham, Me. and died in Castine. He had a son James. All of Ephraims children were born in Castine. I don't have any more info on James. I have connected most Murch's in Hancock County and I would be surprised if this wasn't your James. This James's lineage goes like this,
         James b. 1817,
            Ephraim Murch b. 2/1/1778 in Gorham, Me. and Rebecca Cobb,
               Walter Murch b. 1736 in Biddeford, me. and Jerusha Brown,
                   Walter Murch b. abt. 1705 in York, Me. and Rebecca Garland,
                      Walter Murch and Deborah, not sure where they came from but there is
                       speculation they came from Devonshire, England.
      I would like to have more info on James and his family and decendants.
      If this is the correct James,our connection is Walter and Deborah. About ninth cousins. lol

          Have a good day,
          Dave

      Dave Murch