Re: Marriage Records for William Leon CASTON and Audrey Garnet Kepler

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
      > ... I notice in
      > the 1930 census it says they were married 12 years.
      > Must have missed that!

      No, you didn't miss the "married 12 years" part.
      I made a conclusion from what the census said,
      one that I probably shouldn't have (now that I think about it).

      > 1930 Jerome, Yavapai, Arizona
      > Caston, William L/44:MS:MS:MS, Audrey S/38:OH:OH:OH, married 12 yrs
      > (), William A/10:CO, Warren G/8:CO, Betty R/5:NM

      The 1930 census actually specifies:
      Caston, William L, head 44 married at age 32
      (), Audrey S, wife 38 married at age 26

      Since both head and wife were married at an age 12 years previous,
      I made the conclusion that they were married for 12 years -
      logical, and takes up less space in my "shorthand transcripts",
      but not actually what the census said.

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Lora Hall <lorah@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > and Audrey. William died Dec. 29, 1961 in Tarrant Co. TX. Audrey died Nov.
      > 22, 1981 in Tarrant Co. TX. Lillian is a first wife, we believe. We have
      > no other information on her except what is on the Draft card. I notice in
      > the 1930 census it says they were married 12 years. Must have missed
      > that! My sister and I have been having alot of fun with this. We were
      > told some major 'untruths' about our dads side of the family. Until now, we
      > knew absolutely nothing about his side. Thanks for responding! I'm really
      > enjoying this group and getting a 'peek' at everyones searching! The only
      > site I am a paid member of right now is Ancestry. Are there any other
      > 'free' sites to search on?
      >
      > On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Bloodhound; Kermit <tomknox2001@...>wrote:
      >

      > > Lora -
      > >
      > > Gee, they certainly moved around!!
      > >
      > > 1930 Jerome, Yavapai, Arizona
      > > Caston, William L/44:MS:MS:MS, Audrey S/38:OH:OH:OH, married 12 yrs
      > > (), William A/10:CO, Warren G/8:CO, Betty R/5:NM
      > >
      > > 1920 Trinidad, Las Animas, Colorado
      > > Address: 100 N. Third(?) St
      > > Caston, William L/34:MS/barber, Audrey/27:OH, William J/4m:CO
      > >
      > > World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
      > > Name: William Leon Caston
      > > Address: 308 W. 4th St, Wo*d***?, Las Animas, Colorado
      > > Birth Date: 15 May 1885
      > > Race: White
      > > FHL Roll Number: 1561835
      > > Registered: 12 Sept 1918
      > > Occupation: Barber
      > > Nearest Relative: wife Lillian Caston
      > > NOTE: Card gives an address for "wife Lillian" that looks like
      > > "Fm N. Memol. Bor****? Vicksburg(?) Warren Miss"
      > >
      > > How interesting!!
      > > First - I find it unlikely that there were TWO "William Leon Caston" that
      > > were barbers in Las Animas, Colorado - therefore, the Draft Card and the
      > > 1920 census are most-likely the same guy.
      > > Second - a question: is "wife Lillian" the same as wife Audrey?
      > > or is that a different wife?
      > > Third - hypotheses: if Lillian is Audrey, then they were married before 12
      > > Sept 1918; if Lillian is a different wife, then William married Audrey
      > > *after* 12 Sept 1918, possibly in Las Animas, Colorado.
      > >
      > > Q: Do you have death info or obits on either one of them?
      > >
      > > 1900 Beat 3, Amite, Mississippi
      > > Van Norman, Sam T/62, Curtis P/18, Annie/16, Myrtle/13
      > > Caston, Willie/10:MS:MS:MS/grandson/b:May1885, Sam C/13, Amanda/11
      > >
      > > - Tom Knox
      > >

      > > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com<genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > Lora Hall <lorah@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have been searching and searching and cannot find any marriage records
      > > for
      > > > William Leon Caston and Audrey Garnet Kepler. These are my paternal
      > > > grandparents. William was born in 1885 in Mississippi and Audrey in 1892
      > > in
      > > > Ohio. I don't have any idea where they might have been married. Any help

    • Lora Hall
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
        LOL, no problem Tom! I've come to multiple conclusions that were just
        wrong. LOL Thanks for the help though!

        http://eclecticnana.blogspot.com