Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Marriage Records for William Leon Caston and Audrey Garnet Kepler

  • Lora Hall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
      Hi Melva,
      No we haven't tried that yet. It's on our list of things to do! Thanks so
      much!

      On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Melva Maguire <vonprintzen@...> wrote:

      > Have you looked in old newspaper archives - I found some birth records of
      > my relations in Denmark in that way, after searching and searching through
      > church and census records to no avail. Worth a try if you haven't already
      > done so.
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
        > ... I notice in
        > the 1930 census it says they were married 12 years.
        > Must have missed that!

        No, you didn't miss the "married 12 years" part.
        I made a conclusion from what the census said,
        one that I probably shouldn't have (now that I think about it).

        > 1930 Jerome, Yavapai, Arizona
        > Caston, William L/44:MS:MS:MS, Audrey S/38:OH:OH:OH, married 12 yrs
        > (), William A/10:CO, Warren G/8:CO, Betty R/5:NM

        The 1930 census actually specifies:
        Caston, William L, head 44 married at age 32
        (), Audrey S, wife 38 married at age 26

        Since both head and wife were married at an age 12 years previous,
        I made the conclusion that they were married for 12 years -
        logical, and takes up less space in my "shorthand transcripts",
        but not actually what the census said.

        - Tom Knox

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
          LOL, no problem Tom! I've come to multiple conclusions that were just
          wrong. LOL Thanks for the help though!

          http://eclecticnana.blogspot.com