Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Marriage Records for William Leon Caston and Audrey Garnet Kepler

  • Lora Hall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
      Hi Melva,
      No we haven't tried that yet. It's on our list of things to do! Thanks so
      much!

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
        Hi Tom!
        LOL, yeah they moved around quite a bit! I have death info on both William
        and Audrey. William died Dec. 29, 1961 in Tarrant Co. TX. Audrey died Nov.
        22, 1981 in Tarrant Co. TX. Lillian is a first wife, we believe. We have
        no other information on her except what is on the Draft card. I notice in
        the 1930 census it says they were married 12 years. Must have missed
        that! My sister and I have been having alot of fun with this. We were
        told some major 'untruths' about our dads side of the family. Until now, we
        knew absolutely nothing about his side. Thanks for responding! I'm really
        enjoying this group and getting a 'peek' at everyones searching! The only
        site I am a paid member of right now is Ancestry. Are there any other
        'free' sites to search on?

        On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Bloodhound; Kermit <tomknox2001@...>wrote:

        > Lora -
        >
        > Gee, they certainly moved around!!
        >
        > 1930 Jerome, Yavapai, Arizona
        > Caston, William L/44:MS:MS:MS, Audrey S/38:OH:OH:OH, married 12 yrs
        > (), William A/10:CO, Warren G/8:CO, Betty R/5:NM
        >
        > 1920 Trinidad, Las Animas, Colorado
        > Address: 100 N. Third(?) St
        > Caston, William L/34:MS/barber, Audrey/27:OH, William J/4m:CO
        >
        > World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
        > Name: William Leon Caston
        > Address: 308 W. 4th St, Wo*d***?, Las Animas, Colorado
        > Birth Date: 15 May 1885
        > Race: White
        > FHL Roll Number: 1561835
        > Registered: 12 Sept 1918
        > Occupation: Barber
        > Nearest Relative: wife Lillian Caston
        > NOTE: Card gives an address for "wife Lillian" that looks like
        > "Fm N. Memol. Bor****? Vicksburg(?) Warren Miss"
        >
        > How interesting!!
        > First - I find it unlikely that there were TWO "William Leon Caston" that
        > were barbers in Las Animas, Colorado - therefore, the Draft Card and the
        > 1920 census are most-likely the same guy.
        > Second - a question: is "wife Lillian" the same as wife Audrey?
        > or is that a different wife?
        > Third - hypotheses: if Lillian is Audrey, then they were married before 12
        > Sept 1918; if Lillian is a different wife, then William married Audrey
        > *after* 12 Sept 1918, possibly in Las Animas, Colorado.
        >
        > Q: Do you have death info or obits on either one of them?
        >
        > 1900 Beat 3, Amite, Mississippi
        > Van Norman, Sam T/62, Curtis P/18, Annie/16, Myrtle/13
        > Caston, Willie/10:MS:MS:MS/grandson/b:May1885, Sam C/13, Amanda/11
        >
        > - Tom Knox
        >

        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com<genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > Lora Hall <lorah@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have been searching and searching and cannot find any marriage records
        > for
        > > William Leon Caston and Audrey Garnet Kepler. These are my paternal
        > > grandparents. William was born in 1885 in Mississippi and Audrey in 1892
        > in
        > > Ohio. I don't have any idea where they might have been married. Any help
        > > would be most appreciated.
        > > --
        > > Lora
        > > Helping Humanity
        > > http://fortheloveofhumanity.webs.com
        > > Zibbet! Zibbet!
        > > http://www.zibbet.com/SimmonsCreek
        > > Simmons Creek Trading Post
        > > http://simmonscreek.artfire.com

        Lora
        Helping Humanity
        http://fortheloveofhumanity.webs.com
        Zibbet! Zibbet!
        http://www.zibbet.com/SimmonsCreek
        Simmons Creek Trading Post
        http://simmonscreek.artfire.com

      • Bloodhound; Kermit
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
          > ... I notice in
          > the 1930 census it says they were married 12 years.
          > Must have missed that!

          No, you didn't miss the "married 12 years" part.
          I made a conclusion from what the census said,
          one that I probably shouldn't have (now that I think about it).

          > 1930 Jerome, Yavapai, Arizona
          > Caston, William L/44:MS:MS:MS, Audrey S/38:OH:OH:OH, married 12 yrs
          > (), William A/10:CO, Warren G/8:CO, Betty R/5:NM

          The 1930 census actually specifies:
          Caston, William L, head 44 married at age 32
          (), Audrey S, wife 38 married at age 26

          Since both head and wife were married at an age 12 years previous,
          I made the conclusion that they were married for 12 years -
          logical, and takes up less space in my "shorthand transcripts",
          but not actually what the census said.

          - Tom Knox

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
            LOL, no problem Tom! I've come to multiple conclusions that were just
            wrong. LOL Thanks for the help though!

            http://eclecticnana.blogspot.com