Marriage Records for William Leon Caston and Audrey Garnet Kepler

  • Lora Hall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2010
      I have been searching and searching and cannot find any marriage records for
      William Leon Caston and Audrey Garnet Kepler. These are my paternal
      grandparents. William was born in 1885 in Mississippi and Audrey in 1892 in
      Ohio. I don't have any idea where they might have been married. Any help
      would be most appreciated.
      --
      Lora
      Helping Humanity

    • Melva Maguire
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2010
        Have you looked in old newspaper archives - I found some birth records of my relations in Denmark in that way, after searching and searching through church and census records to no avail. Worth a try if you haven't already done so.

        ________________________________
        I have been searching and searching and cannot find any marriage records for
        William Leon Caston and Audrey Garnet Kepler. These are my paternal
        grandparents. William was born in 1885 in Mississippi and Audrey in 1892 in
        Ohio.. I don't have any idea where they might have been married. Any help
        would be most appreciated.
        --
        Lora
        Helping Humanity
        http://fortheloveof humanity. webs.com
        Zibbet! Zibbet!
        http://www.zibbet. com/SimmonsCreek
        Simmons Creek Trading Post
        http://simmonscreek .artfire. com

      • Bloodhound; Kermit
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2010
          Lora -

          Gee, they certainly moved around!!

          1930 Jerome, Yavapai, Arizona
          Caston, William L/44:MS:MS:MS, Audrey S/38:OH:OH:OH, married 12 yrs
          (), William A/10:CO, Warren G/8:CO, Betty R/5:NM

          1920 Trinidad, Las Animas, Colorado
          Address: 100 N. Third(?) St
          Caston, William L/34:MS/barber, Audrey/27:OH, William J/4m:CO

          Name: William Leon Caston
          Address: 308 W. 4th St, Wo*d***?, Las Animas, Colorado
          Birth Date: 15 May 1885
          Race: White
          FHL Roll Number: 1561835
          Registered: 12 Sept 1918
          Occupation: Barber
          Nearest Relative: wife Lillian Caston
          NOTE: Card gives an address for "wife Lillian" that looks like
          "Fm N. Memol. Bor****? Vicksburg(?) Warren Miss"

          How interesting!!
          First - I find it unlikely that there were TWO "William Leon Caston" that were barbers in Las Animas, Colorado - therefore, the Draft Card and the 1920 census are most-likely the same guy.
          Second - a question: is "wife Lillian" the same as wife Audrey?
          or is that a different wife?
          Third - hypotheses: if Lillian is Audrey, then they were married before 12 Sept 1918; if Lillian is a different wife, then William married Audrey *after* 12 Sept 1918, possibly in Las Animas, Colorado.

          Q: Do you have death info or obits on either one of them?

          1900 Beat 3, Amite, Mississippi
          Van Norman, Sam T/62, Curtis P/18, Annie/16, Myrtle/13
          Caston, Willie/10:MS:MS:MS/grandson/b:May1885, Sam C/13, Amanda/11

          - Tom Knox

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
            Hi Melva,
            No we haven't tried that yet. It's on our list of things to do! Thanks so
            much!

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
              Hi Tom!
              LOL, yeah they moved around quite a bit! I have death info on both William
              and Audrey. William died Dec. 29, 1961 in Tarrant Co. TX. Audrey died Nov.
              22, 1981 in Tarrant Co. TX. Lillian is a first wife, we believe. We have
              no other information on her except what is on the Draft card. I notice in
              the 1930 census it says they were married 12 years. Must have missed
              that! My sister and I have been having alot of fun with this. We were
              told some major 'untruths' about our dads side of the family. Until now, we
              knew absolutely nothing about his side. Thanks for responding! I'm really
              enjoying this group and getting a 'peek' at everyones searching! The only
              site I am a paid member of right now is Ancestry. Are there any other
              'free' sites to search on?

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
                > ... I notice in
                > the 1930 census it says they were married 12 years.
                > Must have missed that!

                No, you didn't miss the "married 12 years" part.
                I made a conclusion from what the census said,
                one that I probably shouldn't have (now that I think about it).

                > 1930 Jerome, Yavapai, Arizona
                > Caston, William L/44:MS:MS:MS, Audrey S/38:OH:OH:OH, married 12 yrs
                > (), William A/10:CO, Warren G/8:CO, Betty R/5:NM

                The 1930 census actually specifies:
                Caston, William L, head 44 married at age 32
                (), Audrey S, wife 38 married at age 26

                Since both head and wife were married at an age 12 years previous,
                I made the conclusion that they were married for 12 years -
                logical, and takes up less space in my "shorthand transcripts",
                but not actually what the census said.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
                  LOL, no problem Tom! I've come to multiple conclusions that were just
                  wrong. LOL Thanks for the help though!

                  http://eclecticnana.blogspot.com