Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: WRAGG: I wish I could get hooked.. but I haven't got far..

  • Dawn Bennink
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 7, 2010
      Jumping in the conversation here - I have used ancestry.com for a little
      over a year now. I actually like the family tree builder as I've been able
      to attach records and build on the hints, carefully of course. I got Family
      Tree Maker 2010 as they work together well, and am RELATIVELY pleased with
      it. It is an improvement over the previous version as it downloads photos
      and such along with the tree from ancestry.com.

      I've tried lots of other standalone programs but haven't been comfortable
      with the interfaces. Honestly, I wish FTM was more like the ancestry.com
      interface. With nearly 8000 people in my tree, I've become quite
      comfortable working with it.

      Just my two cents.

      Dawn
      totally hooked
    • Dawn Bennink
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 7, 2010
        BTW - regarding printing: if you are already using ancestry.com, you can
        use their "Publish" tab at the top of the screen and create printable
        documents, not just products they print for you. I made a beautiful history
        book for my mother with census pages, ship manifests, photos, and a family
        tree, all printed from there.

        Dawn