Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: WRAGG: I wish I could get hooked.. but I haven't got far..

  • Robert Bonney
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 7, 2010
      I have found the Roots Magic program to be friendly and very easy to work with. The total cost is about $30.00 and they have a good search feature.
      Hope this helps
      Bob Bonney

      ________________________________
      From: Bloodhound, Kermit
      Date: 01/05/10 00:47:27
      To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: WRAGG: I wish I could get hooked..
      but I haven't got far..

      1891 St Mary Stoke, Suffolk, England
      Wragg, Frederick/56, Martha/47, Francis I?/26, Edwin V/23,
      (), Bertram/21, Gertrude/18, Walter I/16, Albert E/14, Alfred E/12,
      (), Percy P/8, Eveline/6, Cecil R/3
      NOTE: Frederick born "Sheffield, Yorkshire"; Martha born ditto

      1881 Ipswich St Mary Stoke, Suffolk, England
      Wragg, Frederick/46, Martha/37, Francis Joseph/16, Edwin Vernon/13,
      (), Bertram Victor/11, Gertrude/8, Walter Irvin/6,
      (), Albert Earnest/4, Alfred Erskine/2, Dora/??
      NOTE: Frederick born "Sheffield, Yorkshire"; Martha born ditto

      1871 Ipswich St Mary Stoke, Suffolk, England
      Wragg, Frederick/36, Martha/27, Francis J/6,
      (), Frederick C/4, Edwin V/3, Bertram V/1
      NOTE: Frederick born "Sheffield, Yorkshire"; Martha born ditto

      A possibility:
      1851 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
      Wragg, Ann/54, Samuel/24, Mary Ann/21, Frederick/15
      NOTE: Frederick born "Sheffield, Yorkshire"

      Two possibilities -
      1841 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
      Wragg, Joseph/35, Ann/40, Samuel/13, Mary/11, Frederick/5, Sampson/15
      and an alternative -
      1841 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
      Wragg, Sephmus/30, Harriot/30, Harriot/9, Fredrick/7

      Ancestry.com has multiple Public Member Trees that have
      Frederick Wragg
      Birth: Abt 1835-1836 Sheffield, Yorkshire
      Spouse: Martha Crookes (or Crooks)
      Most of those Trees list Joseph and Ann Wragg as the parents of Frederick.

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com, "P. R." <blighty_fellow@ ...>
      wrote:

      > I seem to have fallen at the first hurdle with my searches.
      > I found my granddad, Percy Wragg who was born in Ipswich UK in 1883,
      > and found his parents, Frederick Wragg,a Poultry Breeder born 1835, & his
      wife, Martha Wragg born 1844.
      > Apart from finding my granddads brothers & sisters, I have been unable to
      > I have been doing my searches at: Findmypast.co. uk. Do you know if there
      are any other sites that might be able to help?
      > many thanks
      > Paul..
      > UK

    • SharonG
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 7, 2010
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "P R Garwood" <blighty_fellow@...> wrote:

        > I think I would
        > prefer a standalone program so I can print out what I have found, do you
        > know of one that I could download?
        > Regards
        > Paul..
        > UK

        Have you tried the free version of rootsmagic?it can be found at http://www.rootsmagic.com They also have a more extensive prograsm for purchase.

        I personally have purchased a couple of different software programs. You just need to find the one that suits your needs.

        Good luck & good hunting,
        Sharon
      • Mark Rabideau
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 7, 2010
          I think every genealogy program I have used allows printing.

          Also it is worth noting that all of them also may be run as standalone
          (even the web-based ones) if you are so inclined.

          Pax Vobiscum,
          ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

          Visit us at: http://many-roads.com

          > prefer a standalone program so I can print out what I have found, do
          you
          > know of one that I could download?
          > Regards
          > Paul..
          > UK

          Have you tried the free version of rootsmagic?it can be found at
          http://www.rootsmagic.com They also have a more extensive prograsm for
          purchase.

          I personally have purchased a couple of different software programs. You
          just need to find the one that suits your needs.

          Good luck & good hunting,
          Sharon

        • Dawn Bennink
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 7, 2010
            Jumping in the conversation here - I have used ancestry.com for a little
            over a year now. I actually like the family tree builder as I've been able
            to attach records and build on the hints, carefully of course. I got Family
            Tree Maker 2010 as they work together well, and am RELATIVELY pleased with
            it. It is an improvement over the previous version as it downloads photos
            and such along with the tree from ancestry.com.

            I've tried lots of other standalone programs but haven't been comfortable
            with the interfaces. Honestly, I wish FTM was more like the ancestry.com
            interface. With nearly 8000 people in my tree, I've become quite
            comfortable working with it.

            Just my two cents.

            Dawn
            totally hooked
          • Dawn Bennink
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 7, 2010
              BTW - regarding printing: if you are already using ancestry.com, you can
              use their "Publish" tab at the top of the screen and create printable
              documents, not just products they print for you. I made a beautiful history
              book for my mother with census pages, ship manifests, photos, and a family
              tree, all printed from there.

              Dawn