Re: New member intro

  • SharonG
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 10, 2009
      Denise,

      If you were not aware, according to one of our genealogy society members (who is very knowledgeable with Italian research)Italian women keep their maiden names in official records for life. If you continue to search back in your heritage, you should look for your Italian females by their maiden names. Check with your local genealogical society and LDS Family History Center as well as local libraries for information regarding your research interest.

      Happy ancestor hunting! It can be very addictive & time consuming, and depending on how many documents you want to order from repositories such as Social Security, State/County records (like birth, death, marriage,divorce, land, probate,etc.)expensive!

      Sharon