Help:Rena Sodan/LIvingstonManor,NY

  • Pamela C
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2009
      I'm stuck on my Grandmother, Rena Sodan, She put on her marriage license she was born in Livingston Manor NY on January 3, 1913 but they dont have that record, she also has her parents as a Willis Sodan & Almeda Brown. She married George L. Zeininger in Hancock, NY. She's quite the mystery, If anyone knows anything about her.
    • Dawn Bennink
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2009
        Is the tree at ancestry.com yours? If not, they would be a good place to
        start, it seems. :o)

        I found someone who is listed as an "inmate" at Guardian Angel Home & Good
        Shepherd Industrial School in Troy, NY in 1920. Troy is not TOO far from
        Livingston Manor, just a county over. The age is off a bit as the record
        says she was born in 1907.

        Other than that, still looking ....

        Dawn

        > I'm stuck on my Grandmother, Rena Sodan, She put on her marriage license
        > she was born in Livingston Manor NY on January 3, 1913 but they dont have
        > that record, she also has her parents as a Willis Sodan & Almeda Brown.
        > She married George L. Zeininger in Hancock, NY. She's quite the mystery,
        > If anyone knows anything about her.

      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 29, 2009
          heres some info on the Family:
          http://www.dcnyhistory.org/oldnewsidx/marriageslinda12.html
          Marriage Records Index, Book 12 - March 2, 1922 - November 8, 1922 - Delaware County, NY Genealogy and History Site
          The Delaware County NY Genealogy and History Site is an attempt to gather in one place many of the public domain records for genealogical research in Delaware County, New York.
          ... Soules Phoebe Sodan Willis Sodan Media Brown 383 Albert Knapp ...
          ... Sodan Willis Sodan Media Brown 383 Albert Knapp Albert Ema ...
          http://www.dcnyhistory.org/oldnewsidx/marriageslinda12.html • Saturday, 18 October 2008, 1:25pm GMT • 45.4k

          http://www.dcnyhistory.org/schflan.html
          name spelled Rena Sudan
        • mccgram
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 29, 2009
            From Ancestry

            Photo: George, Rena and Georgiana Zeininger
            Category: Other
            Attached To: George Zeininger (1910-1969)
            Georgianna Zeininger Smith (1944-2001)
            Rena Elizabeth Sodan (1907-1970)
          • mccgram
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 29, 2010
              Randall Hillriegel, 45

              Randall "Randy" Scott Hillriegel of Harris, passed away suddenly on Sunday, October 22, 2006 at his home. He was 45.
              The son of Robert and Georgianna Zeininger Smith Sr., he was born July 24, 1961 in Sidney.
              In a family statement, it was said, "Randy was a fun, loving, kind, caring and gentle person. He was always willing to give a helping hand to anyone in need. Randy always accepted everyone for who they were and never judged anyone. He loved to make people laugh and was a kid at heart himself.
              "He had a great love for NASCAR, his number one drivers were Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Jr. He enjoyed working on stockcars. He will be deeply and sadly missed by everyone whose life he touched."
              He is survived by his father, Bob Smith, of Harris; one daughter, Jenny Hillriegel of Virginia; one son, Randy Hillriegel of Liberty; one brother, Bobby Smith Jr. and his wife, Katie, of Harris; one sister, Roxanne Smith of Roscoe; one grandson, Michael Hillriegel of Virginia; a special friend, Debbie Miller of Harris; three nieces, Tisha Smith and her companion, Danny Curry, Valerie Smith and her companion, Jerry Kingeter, and Bobby-Jo Smith, all of Harris; and many aunts, uncles and cousins.
              Funeral services were held Wednesday at the Colonial Memorial Funeral Home in Woodbourne. The Rev. Bonnie Pinto officiated.
              Burial of the cremains will be made in Glen Wood Cemetery, beside his mother, at a later date.
              Georgiana apparently married at one time