Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Newbie question...

  • Dawn Bennink
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2009
      I think you are doing the best thing, Denise, starting from what you know.
      It's all we can do.

      I am a homeschooling mom to two boys but still manage to sneak in as much
      research time as I can. I had been doing research for years but had some
      major breakthroughs when I finally bit the bullet and subscribed to
      ancestry.com (not an endorsement, just my experience). Cyndi's list is
      another great launching point as is usgenweb.org. Findagrave was helpful to
      me, but I found a lot of misinformation there. Google and googlebooks have
      been great resources for me too.

      I will keep Morris on my list to research and let you know if I can find
      anything else. :o)

      Good luck!

      Dawn