Re: [Genealogy Research Club] New member intro

  • Denise Alberino
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 8, 2009
      Oh my this is all great stuff. According to the Ship Manifest my Great
      Grandmothers name was Militello, but I can't figure out if that first letter
      is an M, N, or a W.

      Thank you so much for doing this. This is a great step in the direction I am
      heading in!!

      Thank you,
      Denise Alberino
      www.digitalcreationz.net
      Pampered Chef Consultant
      #600093
      www.pamperedchef.biz/dalberino

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 8, 2009
        Awesome. Am looking forward to seeing anything I can get my hands on that
        will take me on to the next phase.

        Thank you,
        Denise Alberino
        www.digitalcreationz.net
        Pampered Chef Consultant
        #600093
        www.pamperedchef.biz/dalberino

        Denise , I am sending you some items I found on Salvatore Avella, I hope
        this is him. Julie

        To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 8, 2009
          Ah, there's an answer. :o)

          Which ship manifest?

          Dawn

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 8, 2009
            Do you mean the ship name? It was Princess Matoika

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 8, 2009
              You said "according to the ship's manifest" and I wasn't sure what you
              meant. Was your great grandmother on the same ship with our great
              grandfather? I think I'm researching too many people at once 'cause I'm
              losing track. :oD

              Dawn

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 8, 2009
                LOL, I do believe she was on the same ship. She was on the line above him
                and in handwriting they had husband and wife. So I am only taking a guess
                that she is the same person. I too just bit the bullet and started an
                account at ancestry.com because it was driving me nuts, but I still
                cant find any information on her. But I looking. I just found some family
                members I even forgot existed, so I think this investment was definitely a
                good one.

                --
                Thank you,
                PCCE Mod Denise A.

                Congrats to M.O.M
                Marcy Conley

              • SharonG
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 10, 2009
                  Denise,

                  If you were not aware, according to one of our genealogy society members (who is very knowledgeable with Italian research)Italian women keep their maiden names in official records for life. If you continue to search back in your heritage, you should look for your Italian females by their maiden names. Check with your local genealogical society and LDS Family History Center as well as local libraries for information regarding your research interest.

                  Happy ancestor hunting! It can be very addictive & time consuming, and depending on how many documents you want to order from repositories such as Social Security, State/County records (like birth, death, marriage,divorce, land, probate,etc.)expensive!

                  Sharon