Mary Martini Dyke - Harry Heller

  • mark_f_rabideau
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2009
      Hello all....

      I am seeking any information at all regarding:

      Mary Martini Dyke
      B: 29 Feb 1928 unknown
      D: 12 Sep 1993 Dearborn, Michigan, USA - Murdered (gun shot) we believe.

      Her husband we believe was:
      Harry Heller
      B: abt 1913 place unknown; he may have been Jewish.

      Any information or pointers on either Harry or Mary is most appreciated.

      Thanks!
      ...mark
    • Dawn Bennink
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2009
        There is a Harry Heller (b. 1913) in the 1930 census for Detroit, MI.

        The entire family is:

        Benjamin Heller 48 (married @ 27, b. Poland, language Yiddish, immigrated
        1921, watch maker in jewelry store)

        Sylva E Heller 45 (married a@ 24, b. Poland, language Yiddish,immigrated
        1927)

        Harry Heller 17 (b. Poland, language Yiddish, immigrated 1927)

        Belton Heller 15 (b. Poland, language Yiddish, immigrated 1927)

        I also find a record of a Harry Heller coming to Detroit on 30 September
        1931from Bialyston, Poland, as a student, arriving in Ontario. Record lists
        his father as Ben Heller, living in Detroit. It is a Canadian Immigration
        Service checklist of admissions and rejections, indicating he was rejected.
        I don't know what that means, but if he was going directly to the U.S.,
        perhaps that's all it meant. He was by that time an American citizen.

        The problem is that there are MANY Harry Hellers of about that age, but I
        went with the Detroit record.

        I do find a Michigan Death record for a Mary M Dyke with the details you
        gave, but with no birth city. Perhaps that is what you are working from.
        Did she not change her name when they married or change it back? Or is that
        not her maiden name but rather a second married name?

        I do find a Mary Martini Dyke in an ancestry.com tree, but the tree is
        private. Is that your tree? Or do you want the owner to be in contact with
        you?

        If you have any more information, I'd be happy to look around a bit more for
        you.

        Dawn

        > I am seeking any information at all regarding:
        >
        > Mary Martini Dyke
        > B: 29 Feb 1928 unknown
        > D: 12 Sep 1993 Dearborn, Michigan, USA - Murdered (gun shot) we
        > believe.
        >

        > Her husband we believe was:
        > Harry Heller
        > B: abt 1913 place unknown; he may have been Jewish.
        >
        > Any information or pointers on either Harry or Mary is most appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > ...mark

      • Mary E. Conley
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2009
          Below is the only Mary Dyke in the census who does not have a different middle initial or the last name of Van Dyke.  The age is slightly different but perhaps you will recognize some of the names.

          Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Flint, Genesee, Michigan; Roll  984; Page: 46A; Enumeration District: 22; Image: 1007.0.

          //

          Name
          Age

          Nick Dyke
          47

          Pearl Dyke
          37

          Mary Dyke
          7

          John Dyke
          3 2/12

          Michael Dyke
          2 1/12
          Mary M Dyke is shown in the Michigan Death records with the same dates you have.
          Michigan Department of Vital and Health Records. Michigan Deaths, 1971-1996

          Mary
          Roseville, California