Re: [Genealogy Research Club] new member

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 44 , Nov 30, 2009
      Hi Nisa, welcome to the group. If you can supply any dates with names most of us will be glad to help. The more information we have the easier it is to pin down the correct people.  Barb

      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 12, 2013
        Hello everyone,
        I'm researching Nipp Knipp and variants thereof.

        If anyone is interested there's a DNA project in the works.

        A new YDNA project attempting to tie males with any variant of the surname Nipp/Knipp to their immigrant ancestors. This project is for males with any variation of the Nipp/Knipp surname, or males who suspect they are from that surname line. Thus, the individual who tests must be a male who wants to check his direct paternal line (father's father's father's...) with a Y-DNA12, Y-DNA37, Y-DNA67, or Y-DNA111 test and who has one of the surnames listed for the project, or genetically matches one of the surnames in the project.
        Although females do not carry their father's Y-DNA, those who would like to check their father's direct paternal line can have a male relative with his surname order a Y-DNA test.

        Contact nipp_knipp@...
        http://www.familytreedna.com/public/NippKnapp-KIN/
        http://nippknippkin.wordpress.com/