Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Need help w/ mothers side of family

  • Mary E. Conley
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 28, 2009
      Debra,

      I can't tell from your posting what Albert/Alfred's last name was.  My gr-gr-grandparents moved to Lowell, MA and passed away there.  I traveled to Lowell in 07 and found their graves as well as spent a couple of days in the Lowell library.  If you know anyone who, or if someone in this group lives in Lowell and could do a look up for you, the library staff were excellent at making suggestions of where to look.  They have on-line MA databases, microfilm of multiple local newspapers, City Directories going back into the late 1800's, etc.  Also, if someone walks into the records room (in another building just down the block) the staff person there was able to look and give me some information of other names that I might want to look at.  I was also able to come back the same day and pick up the documents I ordered.  If I had mailed in a request it would have taken much longer than my entire trip (I leisurely drove back to CA).  Please keep in in
      the loop regarding Lowell, MA look-ups (I still need some more).

      Mary
      Roseville, California