New to Group - Surnames being researched

  • coldcase_koggy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2009
      Hi all! I am brand new to your group and looking forward to the collaboration. I currently have 267 surnames spanning 13 generations in my GEDCOM file. I have, however, hit several brick walls.

      I have a John Stinson that was b. 26 Nov 1863 in Ireland and d. 26 Dec 1927. He came to the US in the early 1880's and settled in Fayette County Pennsylvania. His fa. was Thomas Stinson and mo. Agnes Madden --there is my first brick wall. Cannot seem to go any further back.

      John md. Mary Armenia Miller and had so. John "Jack" and d. Rosella Olive. Mary Armenia also had one so., David Hugh Thomas, from m/1 to David Thomas.

      The main surnames in my file are: STINSON, ROCKWELL, SHOWALTER, WAGNER, EVANS, LEE, JACKSON and KOLATA.

      Any and all insight into Stinson's from Ireland, Rockwell's from Fayette County Pennsylvania, Wagner's and Kolata's from Germany and Lackawanna Pennsylvania is appreciated!

      Regards,
      Coldcase_Koggy