Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Proper posting for previously married spouse

  • circa_1948
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
      not sure i know what you mean...what program?
      in FTM you'd be using her maiden name opposite her husband.
      if married another time you'd add that husband to her info in the appropriate box.

      if just writing it out and let's say she was susie mae sample and she was married 3 times, once to dan brown, tom jones and once to joe smith you'd write it thus....
      susie mae sample brown jones smith

      sunny
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
        Sunny, now I'm confused.

        Where would you be writing out her name the long way? On a chart, she'd
        always be Susie Mae SAMPLE.

        When writing about her in a narrative, it might be Susie Mae (Sample)
        Brown/ Jones/ Smith. I think you might need to refer to an etiquette
        book for that, but that's what I've done when necessary.

        Joy

      • Charles Stamp
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
          Thanks to both Joy and sunny.  I have it figured out now.

          Regards,
          Chas.