Re: newbie - Geis family in Ohio

  • Bloodhound (genealogy); Kermit (alt.nick)
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 3, 2009
      More Geis family in Ohio -

      1870 Wapakoneta, Auglaize, Ohio
      Gise, Machael/40:Bayern/baker, Matilda/38:Bayern,
      (), George/16:OH/baker, Matilda/14, Frank/10, William/4,
      (), Mary/3, John/2m?/bornOct

      1880 Wapakoneta, Auglaize, Ohio
      Geis, Mathilda/48:Bavaria/widow, Frank/19:OH/butcher,
      (), William/14, Maria/12, John/10, Christina/8, Lorenz/6

      1860 Piqua, Miami, Ohio
      Gies, Michael/30:Baden/baker, Matilda/28:Baden,
      (), George/5:OH, Margaret/4, Christena/2

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub, "Bloodhound" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

      > 1880 Uhrichsville (Mill Twp), Tuscarawas, Ohio
      > Geis, George M/26:OH/Baker, Phebe/26:PA:PA:PA,
      > (), Joseph/5:OH:OH:OH, Charls E/3, Henrietta/11m/bornJune

      > 1 Michael M. Geis 1828 - 1876 b: September 30, 1828 in Aldbessengen, Bavaria, Germany d: July 3, 1876 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
      > .... +Mathilda Schneider 1830 - 1920 b: May 15, 1830 in Zeilizheim, Bavaria, Germany d: November 16, 1920 in St. Elizabeth Hospital, Dayton, Ohio
      > .... 2 George M. Geis 1854 - 1926 b: June 28, 1854 in Wapakoneta, Ohio d: December 8, 1926 in Springfield, Ohio, ( Clark Co.)
      > ....... +Phoebe Jane Bartholomew 1854 - 1912 b: July 15, 1854 in Cameron , West Virginia , ( near Boardtree ) d: April 13, 1912 in Dennison , Ohio
      >
      > - Tom Knox IBSSG "Bloodhound"
      >
      > --- In genealogyresearchclub, "Donna" <shadow_wolf@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > I am looking for information on the Geis family in Ohio. My name is Donna Geis. My father's name is Charles Davis Geis. His father's name was Paul Davis Geis. Paul's parents were Walter Geis and Flossie Davis (first name possibly Mary). Any information would be greatly appreciated. I do not live in Ohio and I am unable to go there at the present time to look for information.
      > >
      > > Donna
    • Lee
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 16, 2009
        I found the Death Certificate of Walter... Please e-mail me if you want the Image... Walter's fathers name on the death cert was George e-mail me

        lmossolle at yahoo . com

        Name: Walter A. Geis
        Titles:
        Death date: 08 Mar 1928
        Death place: Dover Township, Tuscarawas, Ohio
        Birth date: 06 Dec 1882
        Estimated birth year:
        Birthplace: Uricksville, Ohio
        Age at death: 45 years 3 months 2 days
        Gender: Male
        Marital status: Widowed
        Race or color: Caucasian
        Street address: 707 Fair Ave. N.E.
        Occupation: Clayworker
        Residence:
        Burial date: 10 Mar 1928
        Burial place:
        Cemetery name: East Ave Cemetery
        Spouse's name: Flossie Davis Geis
        Father's name: George Geis
        Father's titles:
        Father's birthplace: Ohio
        Mother's name:
        Mother's titles:
        Mother's birthplace:
        GSU film number: 1991206
        Digital GS number: 4022087
        Image number: 982
        Reference number: fn 19688
        Collection: Ohio Deaths 1908-1953

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Donna" <shadow_wolf@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I am looking for information on the Geis family in Ohio. My name is Donna Geis. My father's name is Charles Davis Geis. His father's name was Paul Davis Geis. Paul's parents were Walter Geis and Flossie Davis (first name possibly Mary). Any information would be greatly appreciated. I do not live in Ohio and I am unable to go there at the present time to look for information.
        >
        > Donna

      • Lee
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 16, 2009
          ********** Generation #1 **********

          Michael M. Geis
          b. September 30, 1828 in Aldbessengen, Bavaria, Germany
          d. July 3, 1876 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
          Married
          Mathilda Schneider
          b. May 15, 1830 in Zeilizheim, Bavaria, Germany
          d. November 10, 1920 in St. Elizabeth Hospital, Dayton, Ohio

          Children
          George M Geis
          b. June 28, 1854 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
          d. December 8, 1926 in Springfield, Ohio

          ********** Generation #2 **********

          George Michael Geis
          Married Phoebe Jane Bartholomew
          b. July 15, 1854 in Cameron, West Virginia
          d. April 13, 1912 in Dennison, Ohio

          Children of George and Phoebe

          Charles Edward Geis
          b. January 29, 1878