Re: [Genealogy Research Club] newbie

  • Donna
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 2, 2009
      From what I have found, Walter A. Geis was born December 6, 1882 and died March 8, 1928. He was born in Tuscarawas, Ohio. His wife, Mary Flossie Foster Davis was born June 6, 1891 and died February 17, 1927.
      It looks like Walter Geis' parents were George M. Geis and Phoebe Jane Bartholomew.
      I'm not sure but from what I have found it looks like George M. Geis' parents were Michael M. Geis and Mathilda Scheider Geis, both born in Bavaria, Germany.
      From what I know this particular Geis family were German Jews. I am trying to find information on the Jewish ancestry - like where it comes in at, etc.

      Paul Davis Geis, my grandfather, was born May 23, 1916 and died June 18, 2003. His parennts were Walter and Mary Flossie Geis, mentioned above.

      Donna

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dawn Bennink" <bennink4@...> wrote:

      > Do you have any birth years for anyone, even approximate, or cities in OH?
      > Believe it or not, a simple ancestry.com brings up quite a few Walter Geis
      > census pages in OH. If I had an idea of the years in which they were born,
      > I might be able to find something more concrete for you.
      >
      > Dawn

    • Bloodhound (genealogy); Kermit (alt.nick)
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 3, 2009
        More Geis family in Ohio -

        1870 Wapakoneta, Auglaize, Ohio
        Gise, Machael/40:Bayern/baker, Matilda/38:Bayern,
        (), George/16:OH/baker, Matilda/14, Frank/10, William/4,
        (), Mary/3, John/2m?/bornOct

        1880 Wapakoneta, Auglaize, Ohio
        Geis, Mathilda/48:Bavaria/widow, Frank/19:OH/butcher,
        (), William/14, Maria/12, John/10, Christina/8, Lorenz/6

        1860 Piqua, Miami, Ohio
        Gies, Michael/30:Baden/baker, Matilda/28:Baden,
        (), George/5:OH, Margaret/4, Christena/2

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub, "Bloodhound" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

        > 1880 Uhrichsville (Mill Twp), Tuscarawas, Ohio
        > Geis, George M/26:OH/Baker, Phebe/26:PA:PA:PA,
        > (), Joseph/5:OH:OH:OH, Charls E/3, Henrietta/11m/bornJune

        > 1 Michael M. Geis 1828 - 1876 b: September 30, 1828 in Aldbessengen, Bavaria, Germany d: July 3, 1876 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
        > .... +Mathilda Schneider 1830 - 1920 b: May 15, 1830 in Zeilizheim, Bavaria, Germany d: November 16, 1920 in St. Elizabeth Hospital, Dayton, Ohio
        > .... 2 George M. Geis 1854 - 1926 b: June 28, 1854 in Wapakoneta, Ohio d: December 8, 1926 in Springfield, Ohio, ( Clark Co.)
        > ....... +Phoebe Jane Bartholomew 1854 - 1912 b: July 15, 1854 in Cameron , West Virginia , ( near Boardtree ) d: April 13, 1912 in Dennison , Ohio
        >
        > - Tom Knox IBSSG "Bloodhound"
        >
        > --- In genealogyresearchclub, "Donna" <shadow_wolf@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > > I am looking for information on the Geis family in Ohio. My name is Donna Geis. My father's name is Charles Davis Geis. His father's name was Paul Davis Geis. Paul's parents were Walter Geis and Flossie Davis (first name possibly Mary). Any information would be greatly appreciated. I do not live in Ohio and I am unable to go there at the present time to look for information.
        > >
        > > Donna
      • Lee
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 16, 2009
          I found the Death Certificate of Walter... Please e-mail me if you want the Image... Walter's fathers name on the death cert was George e-mail me

          lmossolle at yahoo . com

          Name: Walter A. Geis
          Titles:
          Death date: 08 Mar 1928
          Death place: Dover Township, Tuscarawas, Ohio
          Birth date: 06 Dec 1882
          Estimated birth year:
          Birthplace: Uricksville, Ohio
          Age at death: 45 years 3 months 2 days
          Gender: Male
          Marital status: Widowed
          Race or color: Caucasian
          Street address: 707 Fair Ave. N.E.
          Occupation: Clayworker
          Residence:
          Burial date: 10 Mar 1928
          Burial place:
          Cemetery name: East Ave Cemetery
          Spouse's name: Flossie Davis Geis
          Father's name: George Geis
          Father's titles:
          Father's birthplace: Ohio
          Mother's name:
          Mother's titles:
          Mother's birthplace:
          GSU film number: 1991206
          Digital GS number: 4022087
          Image number: 982
          Reference number: fn 19688
          Collection: Ohio Deaths 1908-1953

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Donna" <shadow_wolf@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I am looking for information on the Geis family in Ohio. My name is Donna Geis. My father's name is Charles Davis Geis. His father's name was Paul Davis Geis. Paul's parents were Walter Geis and Flossie Davis (first name possibly Mary). Any information would be greatly appreciated. I do not live in Ohio and I am unable to go there at the present time to look for information.
          >
          > Donna

        • Lee
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 16, 2009
            ********** Generation #1 **********

            Michael M. Geis
            b. September 30, 1828 in Aldbessengen, Bavaria, Germany
            d. July 3, 1876 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
            Married
            Mathilda Schneider
            b. May 15, 1830 in Zeilizheim, Bavaria, Germany
            d. November 10, 1920 in St. Elizabeth Hospital, Dayton, Ohio

            Children
            George M Geis
            b. June 28, 1854 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
            d. December 8, 1926 in Springfield, Ohio

            ********** Generation #2 **********

            George Michael Geis
            Married Phoebe Jane Bartholomew
            b. July 15, 1854 in Cameron, West Virginia
            d. April 13, 1912 in Dennison, Ohio

            Children of George and Phoebe

            Charles Edward Geis
            b. January 29, 1878