Re: Ancestry Look up please (cross posted)

  • Bloodhound (genealogy); Kermit (alt.nick)
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2009
      U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006
      Name: Leslie Grover White
      Service Info.: LTC US ARMY WORLD WAR I
      Birth Date: 6 Jun 1874
      Death Date: 1 May 1947
      Service Start Date: 5 Aug 1917
      Interment Date: 3 May 1947
      Cemetery: Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery
      Cemetery Address: 1520 Harry Wurzbach Road San Antonio, TX 78209
      Buried At: Section H Site 35
      ====================================
      Name: Gretchen M White
      Service Info.: LTC US ARMY
      Birth Date: 24 Dec 1895
      Death Date: 15 Jan 1982
      Relation: Wife of White, Leslie Grover
      Interment Date: 26 May 1988
      Cemetery: Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery
      Cemetery Address: 1520 Harry Wurzbach Road San Antonio, TX 78209
      Buried At: Section H Site 35

      Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
      Name: Leslie Grover White
      Death Date: 1 May 1947
      Death County: Bexar
      Certificate: 19511
      =================================
      Name: Gretchen White
      Death Date: 15 Jan 1982
      Death County: Bexar
      Gender: Female

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Forrest Plumstead <fplum1@...> wrote:

      > Could somebody please look up these two people on Ancestry.com and give me
      > the details please?
      >
      > U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006
      >
      > Birth, Marriage & Death
      >
      > NAME:
      > White, Leslie Grover Leslie Grover White
      > BIRTH:
      > date
      > DEATH:
      > dd mm 1947
      > MILITARY:
      > date
      > MILITARY:
      > date
      > U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006
      >
      > Birth, Marriage & Death
      >
      > NAME:
      > White, Gretchen M Gretchen M White
      > OTHER:
      > White, Leslie Grover Leslie Grover White
      > BIRTH:
      > date
      > DEATH:
      > dd mm 1982
      >

      > Thank you!
      >
      > --
      > Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
      > Plumstead and Associated Families:
      > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/
      > Ham Radio WB5HQO http://forrest.3h.com/main.html

    • Forrest Plumstead
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 24, 2010
        Can somebody help me with Civil War Pension applications and Muster Roll on
        Ancestry.com?

        Thanks

        --
        Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
        Plumstead and Associated Families:

      • Mary Wirth
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 25, 2010
          I can Just send some info

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 25, 2010
            Thanks for the many responces. Here is the information:

            Primary:
            Frederick L(ewellyn) Thayer Cpl.
            1) 22 Reg Mass Vols
            Co. C (Burks) From 2 Sept 1861 thru 16 Aug 1862 (Wounded)
            Pension Application 3 Oct 1870
            Class Invalid Application # 160513 Certificate # 109305
            Class Widow Application # 636722 Certificate # 432736

            2) 2nd Battery Light Artillery (Mass)
            From 2 Sept 1864 to 11 June 1865
            Pension Application 3 Oct 1870
            Same as above

            Would like his (and widow's) Muster Roll and Pension Application. Any other
            available documents would also be appreciated.

            Secondary:

            Joseph E. Roberts (J. E. Roberts)
            26th Regt Texas Cavalry Co. B
            14th Sept 1861 thru 23 May 1865

            I already have his Discharge Certificate (Original), his and his widow's
            Pension Application, and his Muster Roll. I'm not sure that there is
            anything else available. If so I would like a copy of it.

            Off list e-mail addy is in signature block. Thank you everybody for your
            help.

            Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
            Plumstead and Associated Families:

            On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Forrest Plumstead <fplum1@...> wrote:

            > Can somebody help me with Civil War Pension applications and Muster Roll on
            > Ancestry.com?
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > --
            > Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
            > Plumstead and Associated Families:
            > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/<http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/%7Efplum/>
            > Ham Radio WB5HQO http://forrest.3h.com/main.html

          • Pamela Gray
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 25, 2010
              Who are you looking for?  Give me as much information as you have on who you are looking for and I will see what I can find.

              Pam

              Forrest Plumstead fplum1@gmail. com

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 26, 2010
                Just for information, here is a website for Civil War Records.

                http://www.archives.gov/genealogy/military/civil-war/#pension

                Hope this helps someone.

                Pam