Re:FTM 16 vs FTM 2010

  • Frances Russell
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2009
      I recently installed FTM 2010 and while the screen layout is quite different, I really like that I was able to download my tree from Ancestry. No sources or notes are downloaded, however when I'm working in FTM 2010, my Ancestry file is open and I can see it in a separate "window" which allows me to search and add sources to my Ancestry tree and then add to my FTM file similar to the way the online search worked on my earlier version but without having to switch from one view to another. With my earlier version I could switch only a few times without having problems with the FTM file. I don't know if it was caused by lack of enough memory on my pc or a problem with the old version of FTM.

      Frances