brick wall

  • Peggie C
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2009
      i have a john daniel burke born in 1859 ky. he later die between 1900 to 1910. he left ky and meet a mary c murray ark. they had 6 children, one who is my dad . dont know who john daniel parents were . have been looking, the only ones it might be is a patrick and ellen burke ky. this might be him but cant find anything for fact. also, i have been looking for records of his death. had to happen between 1900 and 1910. he die at work for railroad.the was no funeral as they only found his watch i was told. cant find anything in newspaper. they were living in okla at the time. dont know where it happen or what state.. mary c burke move back and lived with her father by 1910
    • mccgram
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 17, 2009
        1880 United States Federal Census
        about John Burke
        Name: John Burke
        Home in 1880: Fayette, Kentucky
        Age: 22
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1858
        Birthplace: Kentucky
        Relation to Head of Household: Son
        Father's Name: Patrick
        Father's birthplace: Ireland
        Mother's Name: Ellen
        Mother's birthplace: Ireland
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Occupation: Laborer On Farm
        Marital Status: Single
        Race: White
        Gender: Male
        House Number: 13507095
        Cannot read/write:

        Blind:

        Deaf and dumb:

        Otherwise disabled:

        Idiotic or insane: View image
        Household Members: Name Age
        Patrick Burke 54
        Ellen Burke 42
        Andrew Burke 24
        John Burke 22
        Bernard Burke 20
        William Burke 17
        Susan Burke 15
        Patrick Burke 10
        James Burke 8
        Mary Ellen Burke 6
        Walter Burke 1

        there is a family Tree at Ancestry with tha above information, do you know any siblings names?
      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 17, 2009
          Name: John Burke
          Estimated Birth Year: abt 1859
          Age in 1870: 11
          Birthplace: Kentucky
          Home in 1870: Precinct 6, Fayette, Kentucky
          Race: White
          Gender: Male
          Value of real estate: View image
          Post Office: Lexington
          Household Members: Name Age
          Patrick Burke 42
          Ellen Burke 33
          Andrew Burke 13
          John Burke 11
          Barry Burke 9
          Susan Burke 7
          Patrick Burke 2
          William Burke 5

          1860:
          Name: John Burke
          Age in 1860: 2
          Birth Year: abt 1858
          Birthplace: Kentucky
          Home in 1860: Eastern Division, Bourbon, Kentucky
          Gender: Male
          Post Office: Paris
          Value of real estate: View image
          Household Members: Name Age
          Patrick Burke 33
          Ellen Burke 26
          Andrew Burke 5
          John Burke 2
          Bennard Burke 1.12
        • Peggie Culbertson
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 17, 2009
            of this family no, i dont. trying to find out if this is my granfather family. of my grandfather , family yes. there was kate , who marry a killingworth. john patrick burke, all i know is he marry dont know who, he went to ca. and die in the late 50, cant find his obit or grave. a edward burke, james burke and a daniel burke plus my dad will burke. i know all but john patrick burke. and james and edward  family. also have all of mary c murray family back to ireland.  i have all of daniel and my dad will burke family

            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2010
              Hello Group,

              I have been researching my family since 1967 and have two brick walls. The first is my maternal great grandfather Lorenzo Heil, anglicized to Lawrence. He was born in Bavaria, I have no date but my grandmother, who was born in 1880 said he was too old to have children,so I feel he was probably in his 50s when she was a child which would make his birthdate sometime before 1830. He was in the United States in time to take part in the Gold Rush to California, Grandma gave me a very small gold nugget from there and I always suspected it was all the gold he found. He was a butcher by trade and had a small butcher shop and grocery in Chicago when my grandmother was growing up. He married Mary Mueller b.abt 1849 in Aberfoyle, Ontario, Canada and besides my Grandmother who was Rosa Clara Heil d.1960 there were two other children Emma Pauline b. 1882 d.abt 1965 and George H. b. 1884 d. 1886. Any assistance to find out about Lawrence would be greatly appreciated.