Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Intro and organizing my notes

  • Meagan C
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15 4:47 AM
      My brother and I typed everything by last name. We started with a name then branched off into each family/generation. Then after each families information was typed we printed it off and put it into a gigantic 3 ring binder. After each name there are plastic protectors filled with photos and any kind of certificate (military, birth, death, marriage, etc). This makes it really easy to show other family members-they can flip through and read about everyone, much like a text book would have chapters. I would definitely suggest that you type all your notes into an organized way and not just scan them. You will be surprised at how easy it is to view and share and also you will find holes and missing pieces when meticulously typing them up. It takes a lot of time too but well worth it. Our family has been so impressed by our "finished" product-our genealogy research is never done though.... haha. Oh, and that is another point-if you print/type every
      family on a different page it is very easy to update when new info is found and then just print that one page.