Newbie here

  • enola1692
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 14, 2009
      I just wanted to stop by an introduce myself to the group ,I am Michelle I am a stay home mom of 2 daughters my brothers wife tried to build our family tree an hit a snag an quit so i am going to pick up the pieces of the puzzle she made an i will finish it for her seeing I already have the love of history which helps in building your tree an of course I love puzzles the harder the better an ours is hard thanks for your time an have a great day
      Michelle
    • Kate
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 14, 2009
        Welcome Michelle-
        If you post some of the specific people you are researching, there are many gifted researchers with great resources on this group that can try to assist you. :)

        Kate

        I just wanted to stop by an introduce myself to the group ,I am Michelle I am a stay home mom of 2 daughters my brothers wife tried to build our family tree an hit a snag an quit so i am going to pick up the pieces of the puzzle she made an i will finish it for her seeing I already have the love of history which helps in building your tree an of course I love puzzles the harder the better an ours is hard thanks for your time an have a great day

        Michelle

      • circa_1948
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 14, 2009
          Hi Michelle,
          Nice to 'meet' you :-) I am Sunny, a gramma in Washington state. Welcome to the group.
          If you ever need any lookups regarding the penal system I would be happy to look in my collection.
          Over the years I have accumulated several files and record books I have transcribed so I can search my hard drive easily.
          I have about 1 1/2 GB in a folder. I will do searches (no cost) if someone thinks I can help. While that sounds like a lot PC-wise
          it's a drop in the bucket but I have had some successes in finding info for people who have an "uncle Joe" who dropped out of sight
          or a great gramma who ended up in an institution.

          This info includes the following records in part:: prison/jail, asylum, inmate, mug shots/Bertillon records, wanted & missing person posters,
          photos, poor/alms/work houses, orphanages, sanitariums, newspaper articles, court records, road/prison camps, executions, convict ships info etc.
          A recent addition is my archive of old photos (mostly pre-20th century) where-in I can match up your photo with one like it in my collection.
          This info covers all U.S. states and other countries as well. All time frames from 1400s to present but primarily 18th & 19th century.

          Sunny
          IBSSG

          I just wanted to stop by an introduce myself to the group ,I am Michelle I am a stay home mom of 2 daughters my brothers wife tried to build our family tree an hit a snag an quit so i am going to pick up the pieces of the puzzle she made an i will finish it for her seeing I already have the love of history which helps in building your tree an of course I love puzzles the harder the better an ours is hard thanks for your time an have a great day
          Michelle

        • Dawn Bennink
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 14, 2009
            Hi, Michelle!

            I'm Dawn, also a SAHM but of two boys. I've been working on our trees for a
            bit over 13 years, although in EARNEST for a little over a year now.

            The love of history and the love of puzzles certainly will help you in this
            project!

            Where are you researching?

            Dawn

            >I just wanted to stop by an introduce myself to the group ,I am Michelle I
            >am a stay home mom of 2 daughters my brothers wife tried to build our
            >family tree an hit a snag an quit so i am going to pick up the pieces of
            >the puzzle she made an i will finish it for her seeing I already have the
            >love of history which helps in building your tree an of course I love
            >puzzles the harder the better an ours is hard thanks for your time an have
            >a great day
            > Michelle

          • Julie Rittacco
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 14, 2009
              Sunny, would you see if you have jail and prison records for a Kenton Allan Nash DOB 14 Dec 1943 Records would be in Indiana, Anderson and Pendleton. And Santa Ana, Calif. Thanks, Julie

              To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

              I just wanted to stop by an introduce myself to the group ,I am Michelle I am a stay home mom of 2 daughters my brothers wife tried to build our family tree an hit a snag an quit so i am going to pick up the pieces of the puzzle she made an i will finish it for her seeing I already have the love of history which helps in building your tree an of course I love puzzles the harder the better an ours is hard thanks for your time an have a great day
              Michelle

            • Mary E. Conley
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 15, 2009
                Sunny,  Do you have any information on Lloyd Layton Jones b 7 Jan 1917?

                Mary
                Roseville, California

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 15, 2009
                  has he a daughter named Joyce Kay Nash?
                  sunny

                  To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 15, 2009
                    No daughter named Joyce, but all the other articals are of him, Thanks so much, Do you subscribe to newspapers? Julie

                    To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
                    From: circa_1948@...
                    Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:39:26 -0700

                    To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 15, 2009
                      yes, www.newspaperarchive.cpm and i also use free newspaper sites.
                      No daughter named Joyce, but all the other articals are of him, Thanks so much, Do you subscribe to newspapers? Julie

                      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
                      From: circa_1948@...
                      Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:39:26 -0700

                      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 15, 2009
                        Could you please see if you can find an obit for Jeffrey Nash DOB 16 May 1948 DOD 19 Feb 2002. Probably in or around Anderson, Indiana. His daughter died at the same time. Thanks, Julie

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 15, 2009
                          Any particular suggestions for a good free newspaper site? I just cannot
                          afford the newspaperarchive.com subscription right now. I'm struggling to
                          pay for my ancestry.com renewal.

                          Dawn

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 16, 2009
                            Here are some other places you can look (some fee/some free). First newspapers then obits.

                            ...Sunny IBSSG

                            NEWSPAPERS - most are free.

                            http://www.genealogybuff.com/papers.htm FREE

                            Be sure to scroll all the way down the results page.

                            http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Default.aspx FEE

                            I am subscribed. If you have something you's like me to search let me know.

                            http://theoldentimes.com/news.htm FREE

                            http://groups.msn.com/CambridgeJeffersonian1878-1906 FREE

                            MSN group of nice people who will search those dates for you. Join and post under Messages link on left panel.

                            http://www.newspaperabstracts.com/ FREE

                            http://www.ancestorhunt.com/ RESOURCES

                            as well as their own archive: obits, bible records, newspapers, Transcriptions, images & more.

                            http://www.personalbutpolite.com dedicated to the "comings and goings" of the citizens of the town.

                            http://www.paperofrecord.com/ FREE

                            http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/contentlisting.aspx?cat=news FEE

                            http://www.genealogybank.com/gbnk/keyword.html?p_topdoc=1&p_queryname=1 FRE

                            http://www.oldnewspapers-search.com/ FREE

                            OBITS
                            http://oa.newsbank.com

                            http://www.obitcentral.com

                            http://www.cousinconnect.com

                            http://www.deathindexes.com

                            http://www.proofmark.com/CWL/cwgraves.htm

                            http://www.daddezio.com/obituary/depot/index.html

                            http://www.capecodgravestones.com/

                            http://www.interment.net/us/

                            http://pages.prodigy.net/teafor2/

                            http://www.familydeathrecords.com/

                            http://www.findagrave.com/

                            http://www.funeralnet.com/

                            http://www.genealogybuff.com/

                            http://www.nationalobituaryarchive.com/

                            http://www.newspaperobituaries.net/index.html

                            Sunny IBSSG

                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 19, 2009
                              For anyone looking for information on families in Saginaw, Michigan, the following site is very helpful.

                              http://www.saginawlibrary.org/lhg/index.html

                              I've requested some documents from them. Quick response time and pleasant people.