Re: [Genealogy Research Club] help needed reading this

  • circa_1948
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
      I have the answer----it is "White Swelling" the s-w-e-l is clear and the rest is scrawled.
      thanks anyway
      sunny
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Sunny
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:45 PM
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] help needed reading this

      There is a block on the 1880 census labelled:
      Is the person (on the day of the Enumerator's visit) sick or temporarily disabled, so as to be unable to attend to ordinary business or duties? If so, what is the sickness or disability?

      If you follow the below link, you will see the image. It is the Wilson family, if you go to the right of Nancy, age 27, the above block I mentioned has something written for her. Does anyone here have a clue as to what it says?

      http://twothompsongenealogies.com/images/wilson.jpg

      I think it is 'white ___" I dont know the second word.
      I know of 2 diseases starting with white and neither fits.
      "White Swelling" (Tuberculosis of the bone) and
      "White Lung" (Pneumonia Alba)

      Thanks, Sunny

    • Peggie Culbertson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
        whiter levels

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
          thx but I have the answer----it is "White Swelling" the s-w-e-l is clear and the rest is scrawled.
          at least close to 40 replies agree with no other suggestions but one which was way to long to be possible.
          thanks anyway
          sunny