help needed reading this

  • Sunny
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2009
      There is a block on the 1880 census labelled:
      Is the person (on the day of the Enumerator's visit) sick or temporarily disabled, so as to be unable to attend to ordinary business or duties? If so, what is the sickness or disability?

      If you follow the below link, you will see the image. It is the Wilson family, if you go to the right of Nancy, age 27, the above block I mentioned has something written for her. Does anyone here have a clue as to what it says?

      http://twothompsongenealogies.com/images/wilson.jpg

      I think it is 'white ___" I dont know the second word.
      I know of 2 diseases starting with white and neither fits.
      "White Swelling" (Tuberculosis of the bone) and
      "White Lung" (Pneumonia Alba)

      Thanks, Sunny
    • circa_1948
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
        I have the answer----it is "White Swelling" the s-w-e-l is clear and the rest is scrawled.
        thanks anyway

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
          whiter levels

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
            thx but I have the answer----it is "White Swelling" the s-w-e-l is clear and the rest is scrawled.
            at least close to 40 replies agree with no other suggestions but one which was way to long to be possible.