Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Ship's Manifests -- lined out names?

  • circa_1948
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23 5:03 PM
      Dave, this may help
      "Names "lined out" were on board, but are officially recorded on another page of the passenger list.
      The example below includes two crossed-off names because they were "Not on Board," but one name is lined-out (line 21) because he/she is a "2nd class passenger." The official record of that person is, then, on the list of second class passengers."
      http://www.jewishgen.org/InfoFiles/Manifests/left/

        > "Names "lined out" were on board, but are officially recorded on another page of the passenger list.
        > The example below includes two crossed-off names because they were "Not on Board," but one name is lined-out (line 21) because he/she is a "2nd class passenger." The official record of that person is, then, on the list of second class passengers."
        > http://www.jewishgen.org/InfoFiles/Manifests/left/

        ah, ok, that actually makes quite a bit of sense. Interesting that they don't show up elsewhere in the index -- lost pages perhaps? I guess I'll have to see if I can find them on another page of the on line document. :)

        Thanks for your insight on this. Dave O.