Lola Robinson Ravellette family

  • threebs1984
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15 6:02 AM
      I am going crazy trying to find information on Lola Robinson Ravellette's parents. Here is what I know.
      Lola Robinson
      born: October 21 1868 in Knox Co Indiana
      Married: November 26, 1888 in knox co Indiana to Alexander Ravellette
      Died: September 1952 possible Knox County Indiana

      Her parents were John S and Margaret Ray Robinson. The only thing I found for them is they were married Aug 18, 1868.

      According to my mother John was a violin player and had played for the circus, and even travel around the world playing for the King of England. I do not know if this is accurate but she insist that he did. She also said that Margaret and Lola was left home alone and that Lola never really knew her father. One other thing she insists on is that Margaret and Lola lived with a lady named Maggie Leathers. Mom says that this was a relative some way.
      I am sure you know that oral history is pretty sketchy but maybe it will help me break through this wall.
      Thank you for any help that you can give me.
    • Lee Mossolle
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15 11:05 AM
        I found on pilot.familysearch.org the following;

        In 1880 in Saluda, Jefferson, Indiana

        Name: Lola Robinson
        Residence: Saluda, Jefferson, Indiana
        Birthdate: 1869
        Birthplace: Indiana, United States
        Relationship to head-of-household: Daughter
        Spouse's name:
        Spouse birthplace:
        Father's name: William Robinson
        Father's birthplace: Indiana, United States
        Mother's name: Mary A. Robinson
        Mother's birthplace: Indiana, United States
        Race or color (expanded): White
        Ethnicity: American
        Gender: Female
        Marital status: Single
        Age: 11 years
        Occupation: Home
        NARA film number: T9-0288
        Page: 261
        Page: C
        Entry number: 6116
        Film number: 1254288
        Collection: 1880 United States Census

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15 1:06 PM
          Hi!  I found a Margaret Robinson living with a Wilson & Eliza Ray in Gibson Co in 1870 ...
          could this be her???

          Name:
          Margret Robinson

          Estimated Birth Year: