Surname: Zeininger\Germany\New York

  • daddysgirl712000
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2009
      Looking for some obit's on my Zeininger side. Jacob migrated here appx 1870 on the Normania Ship & lived in Mannhattan ( kings county ) Ny. His son Henry ( my great grandfather ) moved to Hancock,NY sometime and he married a Inez Griffin ( from PA I believe but having trouble with her info ). Any old photos or records or anything would be appreciated.
    • tomknox2001
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2009
        Obituary of Henry A Zeininger (1903-1981) son of Henry & Inez
        http://tinyurl.com/mqqzd6
        http://boards.ancestry.families.aol.com/localities.northam.usa.states.newyork.counties.delaware/1241.1/mb.ashx

        Wanda J Smith (1934-2008) daughter of Mello and Leona Zeininger
        http://www.legacy.com/thedailystar/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=121121557

        Obituary of Patricia Shaver (1953-2005)
        Patricia "Pat" Shaver of Livingston Manor, a homemaker, died Saturday, November 5, 2005, at her home. She was 52 years of age. The daughter of the late Clyde E. and Viola Mae Zeininger Wood, she was born May 6, 1953, in Afton. She is survived by her companion of 18 years, Larry Banks, at home; four children, Pam Curry and her husband, Timothy, and George Zeininger all of Neversink, Shanon Barnes of Swan Lake, and Richard Schaver and his fiancée, Angela Magie, both of Loch Sheldrake; a brother, Richard Wood of Parksville; two sisters, Linda Smith of Harris and Nancy Terbush of Gilford; 18 grandchildren; and a special friend and caregiver, Lois Irwin. She was predeceased by a sister, Barbara Coy, and a brother, Clyde Wood Jr.
        Friends may call at the Herbert C. Bryant Funeral Home, 29 Pearl St., Livingston Manor, on Tuesday from 7 to 9 p.m. Funeral services will be held at 8 pm. Tuesday at the funeral home. Cremation will be made at the Cedar Hill Crematory in Middle Hope.
        (similar obit for same person found at http://archive.recordonline.com/archive/2005/11/07/obituaries.html

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "daddysgirl712000" <daddysgirl712000@...> wrote:

        > Looking for some obit's on my Zeininger side. Jacob migrated here appx 1870 on the Normania Ship & lived in Mannhattan ( kings county ) Ny. His son Henry ( my great grandfather ) moved to Hancock,NY sometime and he married a Inez Griffin ( from PA I believe but having trouble with her info ). Any old photos or records or anything would be appreciated.

      • Pamela Curry
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15, 2009
          Thanks for the info. Patricia Shaver was my mom. Henry Zeininger here is my great uncle. I want to try to find records for Henry's parents Henry & Inez Griffin Zeininger. I think Inez is from PA & her Father may have been a Lewis or Louis Griffin. I'm having trouble tracing her roots. Would love to find out if she still has family and if theres anyway I can contact them for some info. Thanks for your reply.