Re: [Genealogy Research Club] MANLEY in PA

  • Mary Stewart
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2009
      Hi!  Here's the transcript for 1880 ... will look further ...

      Mary

      Name:
      Silas Manley

      Home in 1880:
      West Pittston, Luzerne, Pennsylvania

      Age:
      34

      Estimated Birth Year:
      abt 1846

      Birthplace:
      England

      Relation to Head of Household:
      Self (Head)

      Spouse's Name:
      Jane

      Father's birthplace:
      England

      Mother's birthplace:
      England

      Neighbors:
      View others on page

      Occupation:
      Miner

      Marital Status:
      Married

      Race:
      White

      Gender:
      Male

      Cannot read/write:

      Blind:

      Deaf and dumb:

      Otherwise disabled:

      Idiotic or insane:

      View image

      Household Members:

      Name
      Age

      Silas Manley
      34

      Jane Manley
      22

      Wm. Henry Manley
      1

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2009
        Roger -

        > 1880 West Pittston, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
        > Manley, Silas/34:Eng:Eng:Eng, Jane/22:PA:Eng:Eng,
        > (), Wm Henry/1:PA

        Are you tracking any other MANLEY who went to Pennsylvania?

        Directory Of Pittston And West Pittston 1887 - page 113
        Manley Silas, laborer., h. 1117 Luzerne ave.
        Manley William H., bds. 1100 Luzerne ave.
        Manley Ann S. Mrs., carpet-weaver, 1100 Luzerne ave., h. do.
        NOTE: Ann's place of business is also her house address (do = ditto)

        Pittston & Carbondale Directory 1887-8 - page 91
        Manley Silas, house 1115 Luzerne av., W. P. [West Pittston]
        Manley Mrs., house 1110 Luzerne av., W. P.

        Directory Of Pittston And West Pittston 1888
        Manley Silas, miner, h. 721 Luzerne ave.
        Manley Ann S. Mrs., carpet-weaver, 226 New York ave., h. do.
        Manley John, driver, 23 Montgomery, bds. do.
        Manley Paul, driver, bds. 226 New York ave.
        Manley William H., bds. 226 New York ave.

        Directory Of Pittston And West Pittston 1890
        Manley Silas, miner, h. 704 Montgomery. (+ more MANLEY)

        Directory Of Pittston And West Pittston 1892 - page 220
        Manley Silas, miner, h. 311 Daman.

        Directory Of Pittston and West Pittston 1894 - page 219
        Manley Silas, died July, 1892.

        I also looked at 1896 but did not find MANLEY Jane or William.

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "chantonasian" <roger.manley@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I am English born, living in France. I am researching my family but have failed to progress with a branch which left England and settled in PA (Leigh High; Wilkesbar; Luzerne) they appear in 1870 Fed. Census but I have not had any luck after that. Looking for SILAS MANLEY b. 1846 in Cornwall, England and his wife JANE MANLEY b. 1858 and son WILLIAM HENRY b. 1879.

        > If I can help with Manley Family in Cornwall and Devon Engalnd or Lucock Family from Plymouth, England please let me know.
        >
        > Roger Manley

      • chantonasian
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2009
          Tom,

          THANKS, that is just great, all information I did not have.

          Yes, the other Manley's you mention are relatives William Henry MANLEY (sometimes seems to use only "Henry") is Silas' eldest brother an another of my g.g. uncles.

          What a lot of helpful folk in this Group ! Thanks.

          Roger