MANLEY in PA

  • chantonasian
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2009
      Hi, I am English born, living in France. I am researching my family but have failed to progress with a branch which left England and settled in PA (Leigh High; Wilkesbar; Luzerne) they appear in 1870 Fed. Census but I have not had any luck after that. Looking for SILAS MANLEY b. 1846 in Cornwall, England and his wife JANE MANLEY b. 1858 and son WILLIAM HENRY b. 1879.

      If I can help with Manley Family in Cornwall and Devon Engalnd or Lucock Family from Plymouth, England please let me know.

      Roger Manley
    • Mary Stewart
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2009
        Hi!  Here's the transcript for 1880 ... will look further ...

        Mary

        Name:
        Silas Manley

        Home in 1880:
        West Pittston, Luzerne, Pennsylvania

        Age:
        34

        Estimated Birth Year:
        abt 1846

        Birthplace:
        England

        Relation to Head of Household:
        Self (Head)

        Spouse's Name:
        Jane

        Father's birthplace:
        England

        Mother's birthplace:
        England

        Neighbors:
        View others on page

        Occupation:
        Miner

        Marital Status:
        Married

        Race:
        White

        Gender:
        Male

        Cannot read/write:

        Blind:

        Deaf and dumb:

        Otherwise disabled:

        Idiotic or insane:

        View image

        Household Members:

        Name
        Age

        Silas Manley
        34

        Jane Manley
        22

        Wm. Henry Manley
        1

        Hi, I am English born, living in France. I am researching my family but have failed to progress with a branch which left England and settled in PA (Leigh High; Wilkesbar; Luzerne) they appear in 1870 Fed. Census but I have not had any luck after that. Looking for SILAS MANLEY b. 1846 in Cornwall, England and his wife JANE MANLEY b. 1858 and son WILLIAM HENRY b. 1879.

        If I can help with Manley Family in Cornwall and Devon Engalnd or Lucock Family from Plymouth, England please let me know.

        Roger Manley

      • tomknox2001
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2009
          Roger -

          > 1880 West Pittston, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
          > Manley, Silas/34:Eng:Eng:Eng, Jane/22:PA:Eng:Eng,
          > (), Wm Henry/1:PA

          Are you tracking any other MANLEY who went to Pennsylvania?

          Directory Of Pittston And West Pittston 1887 - page 113
          Manley Silas, laborer., h. 1117 Luzerne ave.
          Manley William H., bds. 1100 Luzerne ave.
          Manley Ann S. Mrs., carpet-weaver, 1100 Luzerne ave., h. do.
          NOTE: Ann's place of business is also her house address (do = ditto)

          Pittston & Carbondale Directory 1887-8 - page 91
          Manley Silas, house 1115 Luzerne av., W. P. [West Pittston]
          Manley Mrs., house 1110 Luzerne av., W. P.

          Directory Of Pittston And West Pittston 1888
          Manley Silas, miner, h. 721 Luzerne ave.
          Manley Ann S. Mrs., carpet-weaver, 226 New York ave., h. do.
          Manley John, driver, 23 Montgomery, bds. do.
          Manley Paul, driver, bds. 226 New York ave.
          Manley William H., bds. 226 New York ave.

          Directory Of Pittston And West Pittston 1890
          Manley Silas, miner, h. 704 Montgomery. (+ more MANLEY)

          Directory Of Pittston And West Pittston 1892 - page 220
          Manley Silas, miner, h. 311 Daman.

          Directory Of Pittston and West Pittston 1894 - page 219
          Manley Silas, died July, 1892.

          I also looked at 1896 but did not find MANLEY Jane or William.

          - Tom Knox

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "chantonasian" <roger.manley@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I am English born, living in France. I am researching my family but have failed to progress with a branch which left England and settled in PA (Leigh High; Wilkesbar; Luzerne) they appear in 1870 Fed. Census but I have not had any luck after that. Looking for SILAS MANLEY b. 1846 in Cornwall, England and his wife JANE MANLEY b. 1858 and son WILLIAM HENRY b. 1879.

          > If I can help with Manley Family in Cornwall and Devon Engalnd or Lucock Family from Plymouth, England please let me know.
          >
          > Roger Manley

        • chantonasian
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 11, 2009
            Tom,

            THANKS, that is just great, all information I did not have.

            Yes, the other Manley's you mention are relatives William Henry MANLEY (sometimes seems to use only "Henry") is Silas' eldest brother an another of my g.g. uncles.

            What a lot of helpful folk in this Group ! Thanks.

            Roger