Re: Quaker roots & websites

  • tomknox2001
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
      I would instead recommend:
      RootsWeb Quaker Corner
      - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~quakers/
      includes link to RootsWeb QUAKER-ROOTS group

      Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites
      - QUAKER : http://www.cyndislist.com/quaker.htm

      QuakerInfo.org - Genealogical Searches
      - http://www.quakerinfo.org/resources/genealogy.html

      Google search for Quaker Genealogy Records
      - http://www.google.com/search?q=quaker+genealogy+records

      It looks like the YahooGroup QuakerRoots has deteriorated to spam:

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Chris sparks <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:

      > Where do you find Quaker Roots? And how do you get there?
      >
      > Chris

    • Forrest Plumstead
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
        On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM, tomknox2001 <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

        > I would instead recommend:
        > RootsWeb Quaker Corner
        > - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~quakers/
        > includes link to RootsWeb QUAKER-ROOTS group
        >
        > Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites
        > - QUAKER : http://www.cyndislist.com/quaker.htm
        >
        > QuakerInfo.org - Genealogical Searches
        > - http://www.quakerinfo.org/resources/genealogy.html
        >
        > Google search for Quaker Genealogy Records
        > - http://www.google.com/search?q=quaker+genealogy+records
        >
        > It looks like the YahooGroup QuakerRoots has deteriorated to spam:
        >
        > - Tom Knox
        >

        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com<genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > Chris sparks <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Where do you find Quaker Roots? And how do you get there?
        > >
        > > Chris

        Sorry I was wrong it's not Yahoo
        To subscribe from the list, please send an email to
        QUAKER-ROOTS-request@... with the word 'subscribe' without the

        Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
        Plumstead and Associated Families:

      • Mary E. Conley
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 28, 2009
          Debra,

          I can't tell from your posting what Albert/Alfred's last name was.  My gr-gr-grandparents moved to Lowell, MA and passed away there.  I traveled to Lowell in 07 and found their graves as well as spent a couple of days in the Lowell library.  If you know anyone who, or if someone in this group lives in Lowell and could do a look up for you, the library staff were excellent at making suggestions of where to look.  They have on-line MA databases, microfilm of multiple local newspapers, City Directories going back into the late 1800's, etc.  Also, if someone walks into the records room (in another building just down the block) the staff person there was able to look and give me some information of other names that I might want to look at.  I was also able to come back the same day and pick up the documents I ordered.  If I had mailed in a request it would have taken much longer than my entire trip (I leisurely drove back to CA).  Please keep in in
          the loop regarding Lowell, MA look-ups (I still need some more).

          Mary
          Roseville, California