Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Albert Thomas Lightfoot

  • Forrest Plumstead
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 29, 2009
      Try joining Yahoo Quaker Roots list. Lightfoot is a common Quaker
      name. Even if your father was not Quaker, his ancesters might have
      been. The great thing is that Quakers kept great genealogy records.

      --
      Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
      Plumstead and Associated Families:
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 31, 2009
        Where do you find Quaker Roots? And how do you get there?

        Chris

        --
        Forrest Plumstead fplum1@gmail. com
        Plumstead and Associated Families:

      • tomknox2001
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
          I would instead recommend:
          RootsWeb Quaker Corner
          - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~quakers/
          includes link to RootsWeb QUAKER-ROOTS group

          Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites
          - QUAKER : http://www.cyndislist.com/quaker.htm

          QuakerInfo.org - Genealogical Searches
          - http://www.quakerinfo.org/resources/genealogy.html

          Google search for Quaker Genealogy Records
          - http://www.google.com/search?q=quaker+genealogy+records

          It looks like the YahooGroup QuakerRoots has deteriorated to spam:

          - Tom Knox

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
            On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM, tomknox2001 <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

            > I would instead recommend:
            > RootsWeb Quaker Corner
            > - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~quakers/
            > includes link to RootsWeb QUAKER-ROOTS group
            >
            > Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites
            > - QUAKER : http://www.cyndislist.com/quaker.htm
            >
            > QuakerInfo.org - Genealogical Searches
            > - http://www.quakerinfo.org/resources/genealogy.html
            >
            > Google search for Quaker Genealogy Records
            > - http://www.google.com/search?q=quaker+genealogy+records
            >
            > It looks like the YahooGroup QuakerRoots has deteriorated to spam:
            >
            > - Tom Knox
            >

            > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com<genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > Chris sparks <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Where do you find Quaker Roots? And how do you get there?
            > >
            > > Chris

            Sorry I was wrong it's not Yahoo
            To subscribe from the list, please send an email to
            QUAKER-ROOTS-request@... with the word 'subscribe' without the

            Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
            Plumstead and Associated Families:

          • Mary E. Conley
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 28, 2009
              Debra,

              I can't tell from your posting what Albert/Alfred's last name was.  My gr-gr-grandparents moved to Lowell, MA and passed away there.  I traveled to Lowell in 07 and found their graves as well as spent a couple of days in the Lowell library.  If you know anyone who, or if someone in this group lives in Lowell and could do a look up for you, the library staff were excellent at making suggestions of where to look.  They have on-line MA databases, microfilm of multiple local newspapers, City Directories going back into the late 1800's, etc.  Also, if someone walks into the records room (in another building just down the block) the staff person there was able to look and give me some information of other names that I might want to look at.  I was also able to come back the same day and pick up the documents I ordered.  If I had mailed in a request it would have taken much longer than my entire trip (I leisurely drove back to CA).  Please keep in in
              the loop regarding Lowell, MA look-ups (I still need some more).

              Mary
              Roseville, California